XLIV

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Your majesty!"

"It was just as we'd expected. His majesty will be appointing that girl as his mistress!"

Navier was fiddling with her long blonde hair but then paused when Laura suddenly bursted out.

"...He will?"

"While you've been busy all day preparing for the New Year's ceremony, his majesty has been preparing to take her as his mistress!"

She gritted her teeth as she gripped her skirt, she was vexed at the fact that the Emperor had taking in a mistress.

The blonde internally sighed, she was expecting for such news to come, but what she didn't expect was that it would all happen so fast.

"When will she be appointed?"

Navier asked as she sat down on her vanity, Countess Eliza seemed hesitant to answer but she sighed and spoke.

"According to the rumours, as soon as possible, before the New Year's ceremony."

"Your grace!"

"He's here!"

The Duke was stopped midway from writing his signature when their trusted butler bursted in his office.

"Stefan?"

"Y-Your grace..."

Piere stood up and told Stefan to momentarily catch his breath.

"His Grace, Grand Duke Kaufman from the Rwipt Kingdom is here!"

"What?"

"He is currently waiting in her majesty's imperial garden."

He raised a brow, "Did the Grand Duke stated his sudden visit?"

Stefan nodded, "He said he wishes to see the Empress, your grace."

What? Was (Y/n) supposed to meet with the foreign Duke today? Why was he not informed about this?

There was so many questions swirling inside his head, but he couldn't help but feel annoyed too.

"That idiot..."

He muttered, this is the fourth time the (h/c)-nette had done something without his knowing.

"What shall we do, your grace?"

Piere sighed, "Tell Grand Duke Kaufman I'll be there shortly."

"I shall be the one to entertain him while her majesty is out."

"As you wish, Duke Caldwell."

After dealing with Rashta, Navier's ladies-in-waiting dress her up and she decided to venture out in her garden.

"We're sisters now because we have the same husband!"

That silver haired woman really was naïve, wasn't she? Just by recalling what had happened previously made her feel uncomfortable.

'I don't care what Sovieshu thinks about her, just as long as she doesn't bother me I won't do anything to her.'

As she was about to head back, "Hmm? A feather?"

The blonde paused in her tracks, there were (f/c) coloured feathers falling from the sky and she managed to grabbed a hold of one.

Just then, Navier heard the sound of wings flapping and as she turned around—

"...A bird?"

There she saw a large (f/c) bird, one she had not seen before.

'How beautiful...'

"Will it allow me to touch it?"

She reached her hand out, wanting to pet the beautiful creature but she was slightly hesitant in doing so.

"Oh."

The bird blinked, which made her freeze from her spot. The bird tilted its head, staring at her with (e/c) beady eyes.

Then it jumped off from where it was and perched itself on the blonde's stretched out hand.

"...Oh?"

"Coo! Coo!"

Navier smiled and gently caressed its head, happily indulging itself from her touch as she did so.

Was this some noble's pet bird? She internally thought. And that was when she noticed something on its leg.

"Oh. A note..."

She then untied the letter from its leg and it reads:

"Foreign, I am, in your land. A guest from abroad who will soon, arrive at the New Year's ceremony and I for one, can't wait to be in your company."

Navier chuckled as she read the note, she could only assume that the sender of the letter had one too many drinks.

"Your majesty?"

One of her ladies-in-waiting gasped, "It's a bird. And it's massive."

The Empress turned to them and they, Countess Eliza and Lady Laura, squealed at the sight of the (f/c) creature.

"Isn't it absolutely darling? Did it bring you a letter?"

"Oh, but you must write back at once!"

She gave out a small chuckle, "Shall I?"

Her ladies-in-waiting nodded and Laura went to get her some pen and a piece of paper.

Navier then scribbled:

"Your bird has found its way to me. If it is able to find its way back, I shall be relieved, for it means it must be cleverer than its, I'm assuming, inarticulate drunk master."

She tied her reply on to its leg, "All right, here is my reply."

The bird suddenly rubbed its beak on her hand, earning a few delighted squeals from Navier's ladies-in-waiting.

"Oh my."

"It's so charming. I think the bird has taken a fancy to you, your majesty!"

"Yes! Isn't it amazing how it only clings to her majesty?"

The (f/c) bird slowly spread its wings and began to jumped off her hand. Fluttering its wings, going way back home and into the skies it went.

Navier stared at its leaving, fluttering form until it the creature was no longer in her sights.

.

.

.

"Be careful and don't lose your way."