LXXI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

The next the day was the Second day of the New Year's ceremony. And as promised, (Y/n) began spending her day with the Grand Duke.

They both were currently walking leisurely around the Imperial palace's banquet hall, often they would talk about idle stuff.

There were other people in the banquet hall too, like: Princess Circe from the Southern Empire.

The Princess was surrounded by other nobles, they were listening intently to ever word she'd say.

Hats off to her for being such a skilled conversationalist.

"A typical southerner ideal, wouldn't you say?"

The Duke nodded, "I heard she's sweet and generous as well."

A typical southerner ideal, indeed.

Kaufman then led her to a table, being the gentleman he was, he pulled her chair back for her to seat.

(Y/n) mouthed him a small 'thank you' before he sat down to his own seat.

A servant walked by holding a tray full of drinks and the albino called out to him a took two glasses of champagne.

One glass being the sweetest.

He knew the Nevivon Empress didn't like the bitter flavour and the (h/c)-nette applaud him for his thoughtfulness.

They began to talk about topics that one would brought up, and they would occasionally chuckle at one's joke.

"I suppose he deserves it."

"Haha! A cake in the face!"

The two went on about their conversation when— Navier and her small social circle arrived at the place.

She caught (Y/n)'s gaze, and she wave a hand, the blonde smiled and wave back before proceeding to walk towards the foreign Princess with her ladies-in-waiting.

"You seem close with her majesty, your majesty."

"Oh yes, we were childhood friends."

"Childhood friends?"

She nodded, "I studied here for a few years and I happen to befriend both the Emperor and the Empress when were young."

"I see..."

"Speaking of..."

She twirled the glass in her hand. "I heard you were an exchange student here."

The albino nodded at her words, staring at her eyes, he replied, "Yes, but I have yet to see the sights of this place."

Her eyes widened, she was greatly surprised by his statement, "You hadn't seen the sights, yet?"

Kaufman let out a small chortle and shook his head 'no'.

"What's stopping you?"

"My time here is limited."

She was about to say something to him when Princess Circe's looked over her shoulder and said.

"That's her."

Everyone's attention was drawn to what she said. Everyone turned their gazes and saw the Emperor's concubine walking with a woman beside her.

She smiled at the people around her, she looked even more dazzling in the daytime.

She about to make eye contact with the (h/c)-nette— when she abruptly ducked down and used the Grand Duke's large built as a cover.