LVIII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

She hugged Queen close to her and was left unimpressed at what she read.

"How heartless."

"Coo..."

"Hmm..."

She paused for a moment, thinking of what to write, her eyes drifted to gaze at (e/c) beady ones.

It was then she had gotten an idea, and scribbled down her reply:

"Hint. I'm a man."

"Squawk?"

The creature stared at her in confusion, earning only a chuckle from her as she tied it to her leg.

"Have a safe flight now."

She kissed Queen goodbye, before proceeding to work again.

"Are you seriously just gonna stare at that letter for the whole day?"

Piere asked, his eyes staring at her reflection.

(Y/n) sat down at her vanity table, her long hair was being brushed by none other than the Duchess.

"...mh..."

"You went out in the pouring rain last night, without my permission, and you arrived before dawn. I didn't give you anytime to explain as you needed rest and yet you still have something to explain to me."

When he saw how she wasn't listening to him, the Duke let out a sigh of irritation and sat down on a chair.

"I honestly can't with you."

He groaned, "What do you even gain from all this? Why do even do this?"

"Poor Duke Caldwell, you better say something, your majesty, before he goes all full sentimental."

The Duchess let out an amusing smile, before snapping out the Nevivonnian sovereign from her thoughts.

"Oh—! Huh? What?"

She looked at Piere from the mirror and chuckled, "Pffft— he looks stressed."

"Your majesty."

She raised her arms in defeat at her stern voice, "Sorry, sorry."

"Anyways, Piere, what's my schedule for today?"

"You are to meet with the other guests today."

He mumbled, pouring himself some tea that one of her ladies-in-waiting prepared. "Like saying hello and stuff? Because I would want you to cancel that."

"And why?"

"Because I just don't feel like it."

Duchess Maya tied the last braided part of her hair and spoke, "Your majesty, you can't just sit here and do nothing."

"The Duke has already arranged multiple guests for you to meet and besides, this might be the perfect opportunity for the Empire to establish new relations."