XXVI

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"......"

The atmosphere was thick, no one made a single move, apart from (Y/n), who was sipping her tea.

Not minding the mood at all.

"Y-Your majesty?"

One of Kaufman's men uttered out. Surely she jest, they certainly did not travel to Nevivon to just hear those—

"I will not accept, that."

"?"

"—?"

Kaufman rose a brow, "Is there a problem regarding the terms and agreeme—?"

"If there is, we can increase the—"

"Oh, it's not that, your grace."

(Y/n) smiled and gracefully placed her hands of her lap, judging from their faces, she almost let out a chuckle.

Perhaps, she had tease them too much?

"Then what is it, your majesty?"

Couldn't contain it any longer, Piere spoke up for her, "We simply do not wish to accept your offer."

He silently glared at the monarch who was smiling as if she had left them a cliffhanger every time she spoke.

If she had kept this any longer, those foreigners might think their sovereign was treating them rudely.

The Duke cleared his throat, a signal he made for her to stop continuing whatever she was doing.

She giggled, "Fret not, Grand Duke."

"I will help to aid you."

"....?..."

"You will...?"

(Y/n) nodded, making them all smile and sigh in relief.

"However, I do not want any of those offer."

"Then what is it that you want in return, your majesty?"

"I want a diplomatic trade between the Kingdom of Rwipt and the Nevivon Empire."

What?

Kaufman couldn't understand her, she would rather have a diplomatic trade than the 122,000 acres of land, 200,000 krangs, and 1/3 of their mines.

How odd.

Very odd.

He knew that Nevivon was very rich and that their offer would just be a mere speck of their wealth.

Could this mean—

"Please do not take it to note that I am offending you, your grace."

Her lips genuinely curved upwards, "Knowing your situation, you would need your offer more than I. You merely wished for my aid and I agreed, and on my behalf, I simply wish to start a long pledge of alliance with you."

Modest. She was modest. That was Kaufman's initial thought of her. She would rather have a simple trade than the large numbers she would gain.

He stared at her, wondering why, out of all the sovereigns he had met throughout his life, they were arrogant and greedy.

But she...

She was different. She was unlike any other.

At least, that's what he thought of her.

The white haired Duke nodded and return her smile. "Very well, your majesty."

The Grand Duke stood up, his men followed in suit. (Y/n), as well, rose from her seat.

Standing face to face with the foreign Duke.

"I will sent a word to his majesty of your agreement and your request for a diplomatic trade."

Perhaps their 3 months trip didn't seemed all for nothing after all.

"I look forward into working with you all, Grand Duke Kaufman."

"As do we as well, Empress (Y/n)."

She offered her hand and he gladly took it, kissing the back of it, a sign of courtesy.

"Stefan."

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Prepare several guests rooms for our visitors here, they shall be staying for a while."

"Yes, your majesty."

"Oh, your majesty, there is no need—"

"It's alright, Grand Duke. I don't mind having you all staying for as long as you wish, it also would be very cruel of me if I were to let all go after such a long journey."

She stepped forward, leaning against Kaufman's ear, "And who knows, if your return now, your Prince might be welcoming you with open arms."

His eyes widen, as she smiled ear-to-ear at him. Piere stared at the two— mostly at the foreign Duke and expected such a reaction.

Kaufman paused, but then he gradually nodded. That could be a possibility, knowing how their enemy has gotten increasingly strong recently.

"Ruby will show you to your respected rooms, we shall continue the discussion tomorrow."

(Y/n) gaze her (e/c) eyes at sepia coloured ones, "Aur mujhe aasha hai ki aap apane rahane ka aanand lenge."

She bowed her head, ever-so-slightly and her hands were together in a prayer.

After making sure her visitors were at ease and staying comfortably, (Y/n) returned back to her main office, with her secretary.

"If I had remembered correctly, Nevivon and Rwipt hadn't been that close for the past years."

Piere stared at her, questioningly. "Are you trying to form a bond?"

(Y/n) munched on a cookie she was served and stared at the letter, that was sent a few weeks ago before their arrival.

"Maybe."

The (h/c)-nette took another bite, her eyes never leaving the letter she was holding. Although she read it before, she just felt like reading it again.

What will her uncle think of her?

For her to be involved in such matters at merely the age of 17, could she be able to do it? He wondered.

She had accepted their needs, and this will be her first war she'll be aiding during her reign.

Not the first war she had involved herself, the first one was when her uncle had told her to go with him.

Apparently, he wanted to her to prove her swordsmanship by proving it on the battlefield.

Successfully defeating her superiors, and even the General himself, on the practice field wasn't enough for their uncle.

No— he wanted her to prove herself on the battlefield.

And she had proven herself for 5 months, for 5 months, she had to personally kill and torture enemy troops.

Those 5 months, was the longest time Piere hadn't been by her side. And when the time she came home, she was quivering and—

Was covered in blood.

From head to toe.

A sight that will forever be burn in his mind.

.

.

.

"Piere?"