XIV

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Is something wrong, your majesty?"

Countess Abott asked, as she had noticed the distraught features on her majesty's delicate face.

(Y/n) closed her eyes and hummed, savoring the feeling of warmth throughout her whole body.

"Yes, there is."

Her ladies-in-waiting all raised a brow, immediately thinking the same thing: Did something happened during the party?

"We do not mean to pry but, may we know what has bothering her majesty?"

"Hmm..."

(Y/n) sighed and rolled to the side of the tub, water seeping out from it. Her head on her arms, as she recalled back to what had happened during her party.

"...her..."

"Pardon, your majesty?"

(Y/n) frowned and spoke, "I merely exchanged a few words with her..."

Now she wasn't making sense, she was upset because she only talked a few words with a certain woman?

That was the reason she was upset about?

How peculiar.

"You are in a distraught state because you only talked with 'her' for a little while?"

The (h/c)-nette nodded, sadly. It was as if she was a puppy who was left ignored by its master.

"Do we know this 'her', your majesty?"

(Y/n) didn't say a word, she just sat there, her thoughts consuming her. Leaving her ladies-in-waiting all the more curious and confused.

Except one.

Duchess Maya cleared her throat, earning the new sovereign and her ladies-in-waiting's attention.

"There is no need to be so glum about it, Empress (Y/n)."

It was the said Empress' turn to raise her brow, Duchess Maya stared at her before continuing.

"She did say, her feelings are just as the same as yours."

She blinked once.

Twice.

Thrice.

Her smooth yet delicate face slowly glowed a faint red hue—

Until her face's colour as of a fully ripened red tomato.

"—?!"

"Oh my—!"

"Your majesty!"

"Are you alright?!"

"Your face is completely red!"

"Your majesty, hang on!"

Her ladies-in-waiting all began to frantically worry at her unusual behaviour. Did the blood in her head clotted itself inside?!

They frantically tried to grab a hold of her, and (Y/n) was desperately squirming against their grasped.

"I'm fine—!"

"Your majesty! I'll call for the imperial physician right away!"

"There's no ne—!"

"We'll stop the bleeding, your majesty!"

"Ack—!"

"Her majesty must be out of the water at once!"

"Wait! I'm still nake—!"

"We need the imperial physician now!"

The Duchess of the Maya household could merely hold back a chuckle, as she shook her head in disbelief.

Not caring if she got wet from all the water being violently thrashed around the tub by the Empress and her ladies-in-waiting.

"Seriously..."

After the whole fiasco in the bathing room, (Y/n) ate her dinner in her room, peacefully.

The cool nightly breeze, brushed up against her smooth skin.

She was alone in her room and her window was open, as her (e/c) eyes gaze upon the gleaming stars as she ate.

"My feelings are just as the same as yours, your majesty."

The (h/c)-nette groaned and covered her burning red face with her hands.

Her mind constantly repeating the words spoken by her precious childhood friend.

"My feelings are just the sa—"

(Y/n) slapped her cheeks.

Hard.

She was sure that her actions would leave a stingy mark on her dainty face. "Keep it together, (Y/n)." She mumbled.

"I'm sure she meant nothing of it."

"She...she doesn't think of you that way. Get it out off your mind."

She shook her head, getting rid off such ridiculous thoughts about the blonde. She groaned and scratched her head.

"Your majesty."

But all her attempts remained futile. Her mind pictured a smile, her smile. Navier's beautiful lips curved upwards.

That smile...

"Graaahh!!"

(Y/n) shrieked and threw herself on her bed. Her face was buried on her soft and fluffy pillows, muffling her girlish scream as her legs repeatedly kicked on the soft mattress.

Unknowing that her secretary, who was silently entering her room to supposedly surprise her for the gift he had for her, accidentally saw everything...

.

.

.

"...?"