LXII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

"Queen really is a unique bird."

"Mhm! Did you see how she turned away when her majesty was changing? That bird is so well mannered!"

"Such a unique bird indeed."

The Empress smiled at their words, after her bird friend fluttered away in the sky with her reply, her ladies-in-waiting were all gushing about it.

"Her majesty is so lucky to have met Queen."

"Am I really?"

She chuckled, as her lady-in-waiting went on and about how it was such a fortunate that she had meet the (f/c) creature.

"Are you looking for me?"

"Yes, I'm trying my hardest and you?"

The blonde hummed at stared at her reflection, the Countess was brushing her hair, preparing her for the ceremony tonight.

"Looks like they are excited for the ceremony, your majesty."

She let out a small smile, "Indeed they are."

Everyone in the room eyed her carefully, making sure that she looked absolutely presentable for tonight.

(Y/n) was wearing a white shirt with frilly lace cuffs, paired with a black vest and a ruffled white cravat held in place by a golden broach with a diamond gem on it.

She was also wearing plain black pants with golden accents on the sides of it. Her footwear consists: a pair of black boots, the tops of it were folded down and it had curling silver designs along the sides.

Her entire attire was covered by a pale yellow tailcoat— with its collar folded down— decorated with golden linings and small beads of crystals.

As for her hairstyle, her long hair was in a tight bun with except for a few strands of her hair dangling at the right side of her face.

The Duchess nodded her head, "You are ready, your majesty."

The ladies then excused themselves out, bowing respectfully before proceeding to leave.

"Hm, well...they certainly outdone themselves."

(Y/n) did a little twirl and turned to face her secretary, "So, what do you think?" The Duke was silent for a moment.

"You look splendid."

She hummed, "Why thank you, you look not half bad as yourself, Piere."

Piere was silent, unusually silent. And his quietness was making her question his sudden mood.

"How unusual, I'm beginning to think that something had happened while you were looking for me."

"Something did."

"Oh?"

She turned to face him after adjusting the sleeve of her tailcoat.

"Do tell."

He then started, "There's a mistress lingering inside the palace."

"A mistress?"

She shrugged, turning around to face the mirror to play with her hair, "Someone must've forgotten to tie a leash on their dog."

Piere's eyes stared at her, knowing that she must've assumed someone else's whore.

"She belongs to the Emperor."