LXXXV

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

Earlier.

Navier was called by one of Sovieshu's secretaries, saying that the Emperor was requesting her presence.

She then assumed that it was an urgent matter since it was about the special banquet.

And she now currently stands in front of his majesty...

And his mistress.

They were both siting down on the bed, with Rashta lounging lazily behind him. She was staring at something— no, she was staring at her.

Her doe like eyes sparkled upon seeing the beautiful golden tiara siting on top on the blonde's head.

Navier ignored her and went straight to the point. "You asked to see me about the special banquet?"

"Could you make room on your guest list for one more person?"

"Another guest? Did High Priest Vimirey or the High Wizard Calenzalo say they could attend?"

She placed a hand on her chin, the blonde was deep in her thoughts as various scenarios ran through her head.

The High Priest and High Wizard were invited by Sovieshu but both did not attend the ceremony as they had other matters to attend.

'If so, we'll have to give them a seat at the table even if it means asking another guest to give up their place...'

Sovieshu shook his head, "No, it's not them."

"Then...?"

Who? She quickly thought of another high esteemed person that wasn't able to attend their celebration but none came to her mind.

Her eyes studied her husband, noticing he was caught in an awkward silence.

"I'd like Rashta to attend the banquet."

"..."

The atmosphere turned frosty and silent, but of course, she sighed. He merely called her for another trivial chatter.

"Can you do that?"

"..."

"Empress? Why won’t you talk to me?"

She was going to apologize for her quietness but she realised that this was stupid.

"I'm afraid that's not possible, your majesty. It would be a difficult request to make of our guests even if we wanted to invite the High Priest or the High Wizard. How can we ask a guest to give up their place for your mistress?"

Just imagine being invited to a special banquet then later be told that you need to give up your seat for his majesty concubine.

The guests were all of high standing families and he wanted to make way for his concubine to attend?

A concubine?

And it was Rashta out of all people.

Sighing, Navier thought that she had enough of this nonsense talk.

"I don't understand why you're asking me to do something that even you cannot do as her lover?"

With that, she turned away from them, ignoring his glare as she left the room with her head held high.

'I can't believe him...'

She twirled the glass of wine in her hand as she was now inside the Red Rose room where the banquet was currently being held.