CXXII

˜”*°• Imperial Majesty •°*”˜

(Y/n) entered the room with a mischievous look on her face and Navier looked up from where she sat.

"Empress (Y/n)."

She stood up and politely greeted, the (h/c)-nette nodded her head back before returning their focus to the man on the bed.

"So the all mighty Emperor of the Eastern Empire has fallen?"

She playfully scoffed, "And due to a common cold, nonetheless."

Sovieshu wanted to let out a chuckle but it turned out to be a soft sigh. "You made it sound like it's a bad thing."

"In Nevivon, it is considered a bad omen if the sovereign faints just because of a small cold."

"Don't jinx it, (Y/n)..." He softly spoke, feeling a wave of exhaustion spreading all over him. His breathing was slightly ragged and he looked very pathetic in (Y/n)'s view.

She inwardly took pleasure at seeing him in such a state. It made her wonder if he'll look the same when he sees his own Empire fall.

"Let's hope I don't." She muttered as she took a seat across next to him and across the blonde.

His wife was wringing a wet cloth before placing it on his forehead— Sovieshu slightly flinched at the sudden drop of temperature on his warm forehead.

"It's cold."

He complained and the (h/c)-nette smirked at his pitiful state, but she disguised it as a smile.

"I assume you were overworked?"

Navier nodded, "The physician said he's been working too much, thus he passed out due to fatigue and exhaustion."

The ravennette let out a breath, "I know. I was awake when he said that."

"Told you you should've skipped those things with me."

(Y/n) snickered and Sovieshu groaned, if he could roll his eyes he would— but doing so would cause him a slight headache.

Instead he tried to give her a glare and it earned him a tongue sticking out by the Nevivon Empress.

Emerald coloured eyes stared alternately between them and she sighed, "It seems we shouldn't have taken this trip."

The (h/c) haired woman stared up at her and began shaking her head. "Don't be silly, Navi. If anything, blame darling Sovi here for ruining your birthday."

She grinned as her words struck an arrow of guilt to the man. But he knew she was merely playing to liven up the mood.

But obviously she wasn't.

"I'm sorry for ruining your birthday."

'You should be.'

She scowled, honestly, she couldn't care less if he suddenly died to a mere fever. But because of his carelessness, this happened.

'Today was supposed to be her birthday, not taking care of the sick day.'

Her (e/c) eyes stared at the both of them as the married couple began to bicker.

Oh right—

Married.

The foreign Empress couldn't help but bit her lip, as she stared at them both— she felt crushed.

Watching them both bicker made her realized a thought she wanted to ignore.

They were married.

Her and him...