The Burrow

After weeks of crying and hiding, you could finally escape. You were going to run away sooner, but you didn't want to intrude. Instead, you acted as if everything was fine.

You had written to Adrian, Fred, George, Lee, Cedric, Charlotte and Angelina. But Angelina never replied. What did I do?

You packed your trunk of everything for your time at the burrow, and for school. You also had your grandmothers will, that you had to take to gringotts. Your father was still furious at you, for her decision- being more upset about the name on the will rather than the death of his mother, but finally it was your time to escape.

You looked in the mirror, your knuckles were swollen and bruised, your wrists slightly bruised and your eyes as heavy as they come.

You stood in your fireplace, "The Burrow."

The Weasleys were expecting you any day now. You had jealousy for their family, not a negative jealousy, but you wished that you had a loving family like theirs. One that supports one another in a time where it's needed the most.

You suddenly appeared in the burrow, with your luggage in hand.

"Was that y/n do you think?" You heard George ask from a room near by.

Not very long after, the sound of two people running closer was made apparent. You saw the two boys stood in front of you with smiles reaching their ears.

Fred came closer pulling you into a hug, you didn't mean to but tears started falling out your eyes. You were hysterically crying, you were out of that house- with not much intention to return.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" A concerned George asked.

"You look like you haven't slept in weeks." Fred added.

His eyes trailed down to your knuckles, to which you pulled your sleeves over. You looked at Fred in the eyes, tears still falling, pleading him not to say anything.

"My father was just giving me a rough time. Family stuff."

Both the twins sighed, while taking you to go find Molly.

"Y/n dear is that you, you look so grown up." Molly said.

Over the summer you had become more womanly, you didn't really care much to notice, but your curves were definitely becoming more prominent, and your face was taking a more mature structure.

You also noticed the twins had changed, they grew out their hair more, and they didn't look like boys as such anymore- but men. 

"Y/n, what's wrong?" Molly asked, noticing your bloodshot eyes and dark circles.

"I think I just need a lie down that's all." You told her, not wanting to explain.

You walked over to the couch, and fell asleep almost instantly.

Fred's POV
What happened to her. I looked over at her sleeping on the sofa, it looked as though she had been up every night since I last saw her.

She seemed to flinch in her sleep every so often, what's going on in that mind of yours y/n?

"What happened to her do you think Fred?" George asked me.

"Honestly, I don't know, but I don't want her going back to that place." I answered. It clearly wasn't safe, and neither was she.

I looked down to her hands again, she looked as though she had been hit, multiple times.

Y/n's POV
You woke up to the feeling of Molly stroking your head, telling you it was time for dinner.

You woke up, still exhausted. As you got up to go to the table, you noticed everyone giving you sympathetic looks,

"Please don't look at me like that, it was my father, he was being well him." You said taking your seat.

They didn't really shift expressions but decided to focus on themselves.

You were sat in between Fred and George. You didn't care about where you where but you knew, what you lived in wasn't home. Looking around the table, everyone was helping one another, communicating, laughing. You nearly started to cry again.

As you finished your meal you wanted to get ready for an early night, the truth was you hadn't slept in a while you were pulling all nighters almost every night, meaning you did get all your summer homework done.

"Molly, would you mind if I went for a shower?" You asked.

"No not at all dear, you know where it is right?" She asked.

"Yes I believe so, anyone else need to use it?" You asked looking around.

"I need to brush my teeth, I can help you with your trunk if you want." Fred said.

"If you wouldn't mind." You replied.

"Now, the boys convinced me you can stay in their room. BUT there will be no funny business." Molly warned.

"You can trust me." You said back.

Fred walked over and grabbed your trunk, following you up the stairs. He put your trunk in their room and made you follow him into the bathroom.

"Darling, your hands. What happened?" Fred asked, completely filled with distress.

"Can we talk about it later, please."

"Of course, I missed you."

You couldn't help yourself but pull him in for a kiss, you needed nothing else than knowing someone was there for you. He kissed you back, as if he was hungry for more.

"I have to go y/n, we will talk later." Fred said, exiting the bathroom.

You took a shower, washing the scent of your house off your skin. You wanted to be clean, clean from them.

After finishing your shower you went into the twins room and changed into some red, tartan, plaid pyjama trousers and a black cami cropped top, under your dressing gown.

As you walked downstairs the scent of baking, chocolate and cinnamon filled your nose. Getting to the bottom step you saw everyone drinking homemade hot chocolates, it was these simple things that made you so envious.

"We made you a glass y/n." George said holding a mug.

You walked over and sat, drinking the hot drink. It was luscious, everything it brung. It reminded you of the warmth and love a family should have.

After sitting at the table and listening to family conversation, you decided it would be best for you to go to sleep again.

"Goodnight everyone, and thank you." You said before walking towards the stairs.

An echo of everyone saying "goodnight" could be heard from all family members as you began to go to the twins room.

You had a mattress on the floor, with a duvet, a pillow and a hand knitted blanket, Molly had made for you.

As soon as your head hit the pillow and the duvet covered you, you fell to a peaceful sleep.