Payback

May 27th 1995
It was the day of the party, celebrating a month before the 3rd and final task. It was being hosted by Slytherin, since Hufflepuff didn't want to have their common room destroyed and Gryffindor hosted the last party.

You had plans to get ready with Cho in your room, meet Cedric and then go to the party together. Cedric had been one of the best friends to you at the moment. Still no words were spoken between you and Fred, since he chased you out of potions. It was becoming slightly unbearable. You made sure to catch up with George, Lee and Angelina on the weekends and sometimes in the common room if Charlotte and Fred weren't around. You were still angry at them both, and you didn't think anything could change that. You did notice however he still wore the ring you let him keep for his birthday everyday.

You went out to the black lake and sat with Cedric.

"Why hello my favourite hufflepuff." You said sitting next to him.

"Why how are you? My favourite gryffindor." He replied, copying your tone.

"I am very well. So what time are we heading down to the dungeons?" You asked.

"I was thinking something around 8pm, it's starting at 7:45 but like I don't want to be there too early."

"Okay that's fine, so do you know anything about the third task?" You questioned.

"I still don't know. A lot of people are coming down to watch though, like parents and stuff. So pressures on to win." Cedric stated.

"Honestly, I think you have a fair shot at winning. You get a head start don't you?"

"I think so."

"And I think you're the most intelligent one out of the four of you. No offence to Harry or the others but-"

"Let's not talk tournament. I know I asked the other day, but are you going to talk to Fred?"

"Cedric, we've spoken about this. I don't want to hear what he has to say. He dug the grave now he can lie in it."

"Well maybe if you get drunk you'll change your mind because I know you still care about him y/n. I have learnt to read you like a book."

Even though you never wanted to admit to it, he wasn't wrong. It was hard walking round the castle seeing Fred and completely ignoring him, or being alone somewhere and resisting the urge to tease him or make out with him like before.

Charlotte on the other hand, you had no urge to talk to her. She only seemed sorry when it was to your face but you knew behind your back she only cared for herself. And according to her amortentia, Fred too.

You took a shower before Cho was going to arrive outside the common room to get ready for the night. As you got out the shower you noticed the time and chucked on your dressing gown running down the common room stairs.

"Oh good, chos here." Angelina said letting Cho into the common room.

"I'm so sorry I was in the shower." You said turning back around.

As you turned you saw Fred was looking up from his workbook and glanced you up and down. You turned back to the stairs and directed cho to your dorm room.

"It's so unfair that you have your own room, I'd kill for my own."

"It's alright, I do like my own space but it can get lonely." You explained.

You took your wand from your desk and done your hair using charms, like normal. You helped cho do some makeup she wanted help with. Since she never really went to a lot of parties she wanted to wow people, mainly Cedric. She wanted some Smokey black eyeshadow/ eyeliner and some contour to define her face. She looked hot.