Exclusive

It was your first day back in classes, you got down early for breakfast- being the first one from your group there.

You got a bowel of cereal and started to eat, flicking through the final pages of your book.

"Morning Bardot." Lee said swinging his legs over the bench.

"Good morning Jordan." You smiled to him as he started to butter some toast.

"You ready for your first day back in classes?"

"Yeah, I guess so. This year already feels weird though. I just know I'm not coming back, and Cedric's not here and I have a bad feeling about the new defence against the dark arts teacher." You replied.

"Tell me about it, I feel like she's here to stir some pots."

Not long after Lee joined you, both the twins came striding in. George sat next to Lee and Fred went round to sit next to you. You had small conversations between each other, before leaving for your first lesson.

The bell rang and your first lesson was over, you walked out and saw the twins waiting outside for you.

"We have defence against the dark arts, we need to go get our seats." George exclaimed walking quickly towards the classroom.

You tried to match his speed, entering the class. Adrian was sat back with Marcus like normal so you were to sit with Fred. However, the table you usually sat on at the front was taken by two Slytherin girls, Fred just directed you to the empty table in the back corner.

"Well this is quite isolating." You whispered. 

"Just a bit, but we'll be fine." He sat down.

Not even a minute later Umbridge came round from the corner, "NEWTs, nastily, exhausting, wizarding, tests. These tests may be the most critical ones you will ever do. They determine your final grades to help you get your jobs, hopefully in the ministry. That's what we're all here for. So-" she flicked her wand to a pile of books on her desk, "your previous instructions, throughout your whole time here, for this subject, have been disturbingly uneven. But I can guarantee that from this moment onwards you will be following the carefully written guide the ministry has provided. This guide tells you everything that you will need to know for your NEWTS, which is the most important thing." Your books came to your table. You flicked through and noticed that their was nothing about you actually defending yourself.

"Sorry miss?" A girl raised her hand.

"Yes dear?"

"Why is there nothing on the spells we need to know to defend ourselves?" She asked Umbridge.

"Because dear, you don't need to know any of such spells."

"Why?" You asked.

"Because, their is no need to teach them when you don't need to use them?" She stated, glaring to you.

"But we most definitely will need to know them on the off chance that we are under attack."

"You must raise your hand in my class miss-" she let you answer your surname.

"Bardot." You stated.

You saw her eyes widen, she seemed slightly threatened and taken back by you.

"But dear, no one is going to attack children like yourselves."

"That's not what others have been saying." A boy said from across the class.

"I'm assuming you're talking about mr Potter." Umbridge said, "whatever you have heard about you know who being back is lies. We must not fear him as he is, and I mean this, not back."