Epilogue

-Hayley's POV-

Five years later

The sun peeked out from behind a cloud, covering everything in its path in a warm, golden light. A warm breeze twisted and turned its way through the trees, rustling the leaves and swaying the branches, before gently hitting my skin. It had been over a year since I had made my way back to this place and I was starting to wonder why I left.

The grass was starting to turn a brighter shade of green, leaving a fresh scent in the air. My feet were familiar with the path; I could probably sleepwalk and still make it to my destination without any problems. There were a few other people, but for the most part, I was alone.

I smiled when I found who I was looking for and sat down on the grass next to him, my bare legs itched by the grass but I didn't care.

"Hey," I laughed awkwardly, crossing my legs hoping to get more comfortable, "It's been a while since I've seen you. Everything going okay around here? I talked to Logan before I came here. He really wanted to come with but he had a lot of things going on. You know, college and all."
I don't know how long I sat there on the grass, talking nonstop about everything in my life. Complaining about things that didn't matter and sharing memories that took place over the past five years.

"How have I been? You know, I've been really good actually. It was rough at first and our little surprise was a big reality check but I think we are managing just fine now. They love it over there and I do too. It's just been such a hassle to come back here with all the baggage. Work is going great. I started working less over the past two years because, well you know. Speaking of which, I don't understand ho-"

"Mummy!" A tiny voice shouted and I knew exactly who it was. I felt a small figure run into my backside. I craned my neck backwards to see two big, blue, round eyes staring down at me.

"Derek, what did I say?! I told you that Mummy was busy."

I cradled the two year old in my arms, letting him rest between my crossed legs. I looked over and saw Niall carrying our seven month old baby girl in his arms. His hair was flat across his forehead, the same way it had been almost every day except for when we went out for a date night or some glamorous awards show.

"I tried, that kid is too quick," Niall sighed. I knew he was tired but he still smiled brightly at me before taking a seat beside me on the ground.

"It's alright," I said combing my fingers through Derek's dark hair that would match his father's if he ever decided to quite getting highlights, "I was about finished anyway."

Derek took hold of my index finger, dragging it against the indentions of the dark granite, Derek Jay Turner, my fingertips outlined each letter until the final curve of the r.

I sniffed and turned to Niall quickly, "we should go."

"Are you sure? You haven't been here long at all," The small crinkle in his forehead formed and I quickly kissed it away.

"Yeah, my mom is going to want to visit with the kids before dark. She gets grumpy after the sun goes down, I swear."

Niall laughed and got to his feet, "Here, you take Kira and I'll get the little devil.

"Sounds good. I'll meet you at the car," I said bouncing the baby on my knees, "oh, and Niall!" I shouted before he got too far away.

He turned around quickly, waiting for me to continue.

"I love you," I smiled and Niall did too. He took two steps towards me, taking my lower lip between his, sending my stomach upside down.

"I love you more."

I laughed as I watched Niall chase after Derek, swooping him up in one of his arms and carrying him at his side as if he was a bundle of firewood. "Your daddy is mental." I told Kira, but she only stared blankly at me.

I smiled as the memories of the past four years flashed through my mind. After the wedding, Niall and I left for our holiday to the islands, where many nights were either spent on the beach, making love, and once we did both.

I worked locally in Mullingar until I got pregnant with Derek a little over two years ago. Niall and the boys continued to live life in the fast lane of the music industry for another two years. They decided to take a break after Liam got married and the other two soon got engaged.

It wasn't easy. In fact it was extremely difficult to be married to a man that was on the road so often. I found myself in Maura and Denise's company often but I didn't mind.

I let out a sigh and turned her to face the headstone, "Give Grandpa Derek a big smile, Kira. First Impressions count."

((A/N: I know it sucks but epilogues are supposed to be short.
I'm actually quite upset that this is the end...
Don't forget that I will be adding the chapter where Derek meets liam to the original first impression. And I will be posting a thank you on this one when that is finished.
Thank you again so very much. I love you all so so much!!
ps: I had a boy kiss me for the first time in years last night... Omfg I felt like you should know))