Chapter 62

-Niall's POV-

it was a 2:05. I had been waiting five minutes. five fucking minutes. and I had yet to hear anything from Hayley.

She saidnshe had needed some time. I figured five minutes was enough time to give her but now, as I sat here staring at my message free phone, it seemed as if five minutes was too much time. I decided about ten minutes ago that I would let her be the one to start the conversation. But me being my selfish, egotistical self, I had gone against my better judgement.

I stared at the text message I had written. the annoying little blinky thing with a name that I could remember,  disappearing every so often.

She needs some space. She is just having her last class run late.  I told myself before my subconscious butted in.

Or she just doesn't want to talk to you. By space she means good riddance. That little fucker needs to leave me alone. I knew that wasn't the case. Hayley didn't hide her emotions from me.

Well... except when she went on her extreme diet.

Or when she was hurt by hate.

Okay.. maybe she did hide things from me. But I could see signs. And I didn't see any.

Unless you are so obsessed with the idea of getting her back that you have failed to see the signs.

I paced back and forth the small hotel room seating area. My fingers twisted into my hair, my teeth gritted out of frustration.

She's fine. Her class is running late. I'm sure of it. I stared at the unsent message taunting me. Maybe she just forgot. Or she may be waiting for me to text her. If that's the case I have wasted nearly eight minutes bickering with myself. I tapped the send button.

"Now why the fuck did you do that?" I cursed myself tossing my phone on the couch. "Now she's going to think that you're trying to fucking suffocate her again. Or pressure her. Smooth move, Niall. Fucking smooth."

"Who are you talking to?" I turned to see Zayn in the doorway with a smile on his face. His hair was down across his forehead occasionally sticking up on the sides. His white tee shirt fitted against his shoulders while his black sweats hung loosely on his hips.

I didn't say anything. Instead I buried my face further into the palms of my hands. Just what I needed, someone to hear me have a mental breakdown. They all probably think I'm going fucking crazy.

"She hasn't texted you has she?" His voice was closer but I didn't lift my head to see where his exact location was. For all I know he could have his bare fucking ass in my face and I would have no idea.

I shook my head. "Nope."

Zayn laughed a little but cleared his throat as if he was trying to hide it. "It's been like nine minutes since she got out of class."

"Nine long excruciating minutes."

"It's nine minutes. You'll be okay. She said she wanted some space, remember?"

I nodded my head, finally taking my hands away from my face and pushing the fringe of my hair back. "That's why I don't like this. Normally I wouldn't worry so much but now that I know she wants space I feel like if I don't initiate the contact than she won't ever talk to me."

Zayn lifted his shoulder. "She may not contact you right after she gets out of class like she normally would, but she probably will sometime."

"I'm not patient." I groaned.

"Yeah, I know. We all know."

I rested my elbows on my knees and held my chin in my palm. "What do you do when Perrie is having her space?"