Chapter 81

-Hayley's POV-

When I told Niall to book the tickets, I wasn't expecting him to get a flight that was in three days.

That left me with enough time to find Logan a place to stay and for me to pack my bags.

"I knew you would stress if I had it any later. You would over think everything and it just wouldn't go over very well." Niall said as I crammed a few more things into the bag. It was the night before we would leave.

"But I have no idea where to look or how the prices are or the location around it. Is there a school nearby? Or are we planning on moving again after we start a family? These are things we need to be thinking about, Niall!"

Niall smiled slightly. He took a few steps towards me, unfolding his arms. "You need to relax." He said holding my face in his hands. "I looked things up. We can always move again if you want. It's not an issue. And our budget if pretty flexible."

I glared at him. "I don't feel like arguing about money with you."

"Then don't." Niall smiled cheekily before kissing my lips. "I love you."

"Yeah, you should." I laughed before resting my head on his chest. "Im tired and we have to wake up in like five hours for that damn flight so I don't know about you, but im going to bed."

"Sounds great. Lets go." Niall agreed eagerly and smacked my ass.

I let out a yelp and swatted at him as he laughed. "Going to bed and sleeping. You pervert."

-

Ireland was exactly how I remembered it. Beautiful.

Getting out of the airport was the same as always: full of security and switching cars around the corners. But when we finally got the okay to go, Niall and I didn't waste any more time.

"I'll drive." Niall said putting the bags in the trunk.

"Well duh." I laughed pulling open the passenger side door. I paused when I saw the steering wheel. "Shit." I muttered.

I turned to see Niall struggling to bite back a laugh.

"Shut up. It's been a while since I've been outside of America." I slammed the door and got onto the other side of the car. I always did that.

I buckled my belt and slouched into the seat. Niall leaned across the center console and kissed my forehead. "I love you."

"Shut up and drive." I muttered and Niall laughed, pulling onto the road and sliding his hand on my thigh. I watched as his thumb absent mindedly ran back and forth. I still couldn't wrap my head around it. I was here looking for a house. A house to live in. With Niall. Because we would be getting married. It was crazy to even think about really.

I smiled to myself as passed the small pub where we had ran into Niall's ex girlfriend years ago. The streets twisted and turned into a familiar route and I could see Maura's house getting closer.

"You know I haven't seen them since we got engaged." Niall said as he put the car in park.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Really?"

He nodded. "Yeah, so this is the first they'll see either of us since then. Be prepared for waterworks and a lot of heartfelt conversations."

I laughed to myself and crawled out of the car. Niall's hand found my waist as soon as I was within his reach. The small sidewalk served as if it was memory lane. I couldn't stress enough, how many things happened here. How many times I had walked up this walkway and had something memorable happen. Whether it was meeting his parents for the first time, trying to sneak into a concert for a surprise, thinking I was pregnant around Christmas. So many things had happened in such a short amount of time and never did I think or even imagine that through it all, we would be doing it again. Only this time, with an engagement ring around my finger.

"Here we go," Niall smiled down at me as he raised his hand to knock. But before his knuckles could hit the door, it swung open to reveal an excited Maura.

"Hayley!" She screeched throwing her arms around me in a hug. "Look at you! You just get even more gorgeous everyday. I swear."

"Good to see you Maura." I smiled through the suffocating hug. I rubbed my hand across her back at looked up at Niall who looked confused.

"Hi mum." Niall said after Maura released me. His arms spread open, smiling, ready for a hug.

"Oh, Niall's here too. I guess that's good." Maura shrugged. Niall's face dropped. He looked like he had just been smacked and I wanted to burst out laughing. "Oh Niall James, don't be so sensitive. Im only joking. Come here. Give your mummy a hug."

Niall's smile turned as he folded his arms around his mother. "Thought you were already kicking me out before the wedding."

Maura's smile was so big, I thought her cheeks would explode. Her eyes watered as she looked at the ring on my finger.

"I said yes. He really had to twist my arm, you know." I teased . Maura laughed but Niall shook his head. "Oh im teasing."

Niall puffed out his chest and stomped his feet dramatically. "You can buy my dinner tonight because you're being mean to me!"

Maura and I shook our heads and laughed. "What did i get myself into?" I asked with a laugh.

She just shrugged. "You got yourself a Niall."

((A/N: I know it's short but it is an update. Sorry im grounded I love you !!!!)))