Chapter 76

-Niall's POV-

It was day ten. It was the day I was able to get out. No more tests or blood work. No more nurses checking in every few hours. No more IV being stuck in my fucking hand. But also, no more Hayley being by side twenty-four seven.

"You look a hell of a lot better," Hayley said as she threw a pair of sweats on the foot of the bed.

I shrugged, "I feel better."

"Well good. I'm glad." Hayley smiled before kissing my cheek. "So when is your big tour date?"

"In like three days." I said. I was feeling a lot better but I wasn't sure if I was strong enough to continue the life of little sleep and always on the go. But no matter, I missed it.

Hayley smiled and sat on the edge of the bed. Her hand running through my hair. "You miss it, don't you?"

I nodded. "It's crazy to think that we won't be doing this much longer. Especially after this." I gestured to the room around us.

"Oh bull shit. You guys will keep doing it. You will probably just take a longer break than usual. Zayn is about to get married and who knows with the other boys. Their relationships are getting pretty serious."

I tilted my head side to side. It was a possibility.

"I don't know. How are you feeling about your finals?" I asked reaching for her hand.

"Alright. Stressed but alright. Crazy thing is I still have two more years to go through this." She sighed. "I was actually thinking about finishing out this year at the university and then taking my remaining courses online or at a community college."

"Community college?" I asked. She hadn't talked about this before.

She nodded. "Yeah there's one about an hour from here that Matt is going to. I think we may go together and stick together. That is, if you're okay with that?" The last sentence was strained. I knew she didn't see a problem with it but given our past experiences she felt the need to ask.

I nodded. "I like Matt. I don't care. He's the last person I need to worry about."

Hayley laughed and scooted closer to me on the bed. "Yeah, he's more like a brother than anything."

I smiled. "And that's okay." I pressed a kiss to her forehead. Her eyes lingering closed for a while before fluttering open.

"I'm really going to miss you." She said quietly, her eyes not leaving mine.

I reached out and traced her hair line, tucking a few stray strands behind her ear. "I won't be gone that long. And by the time I get back you'll  be done with your finals and everything is going to be alright."

Hayley leaned in and connected our lips. Her lips lifting into a smile, causing me to do the same. "I love you."

"I love you too, princess."

-

Alisha took out my IV leaving Hayley to help me change into something besides this ridiculous gown.

"Niall James!" Hayley shrieked. "Stop shaking that pale thing at me."

I couldn't help but laugh before singing, "Wiggle wiggle!"

"Niall!" Hayley pushed my head. "Put your boxers on please. We have to go."

"I've missed this." I said without thinking.

"Missed what?"

"This," I turned around to face Hayley, pulling my boxers and sweats over my ass, gesturing between the two of us. "I missed joking around and just being ourselves. Being the two people we fell in love with."