Chapter 79

-Niall's POV-

-

I was nervous. Nervous as hell really.

I was on a plane back to Kansas. It was December now. I had made it through another semester with Hayley not being by my side every second.

After school got out and I was released from the hospital, tour started up again. It was constant on the go, but the boys made sure to take care of me. I was glad to have them there. If they weren't who knows how bad things could have gotten.

Sitting on the tour bus, texting Hayley or calling her, was how I spent most of my free time. Almost seeing her die shook me up. She was special to me. I would gladly trade her places. I would take every ounce of her pain and carry it with my own. I wanted her to be anything but unhappy and I knew she felt the same for me.

She joined us on tour for about a month before she had to go back for work. Luckily for me, tour only lasted another few months. The rest of the time I stayed in the apartment her and Matt had rented.

When I told the lads that she was living with Matt, they seemed to be expecting me to explode or something. Given, if it had happened a few months earlier, that may have been the case.

Hayley was a smart girl and I knew that. She could be trusted. Besides, it's exhausting to hold grudges and be angry all the time.

I waved mt arms in the air when I saw Jeffery standing outside of the exit, waiting for me. He beamed and beckoned for me to join him. Which I did.

We didn't waste much time in small talk. We immediately got my luggage into the car and headed back to their home.

I was the one to break the silence. "Jeffery,"

"Hmmm?" He hummed eyeing the road.

"I have a very serious question to ask you."

"Yes." He said without asking for more information.

I was dumbfounded really. "I'm sorry?"

Jeffery smiled at me and laughed. "Yes, you have both mine and Lana's permission to marry Hayley."

I stared at him for a while longer. My jaw haning open. I had planned every possible scenario in my head. I had many detours to take to flatter the man and convince him that we were ready. But this, this I was not prepared for.

"How'd you know?" I asked finally after we had made it onto the interstate.

Jeffery shook his head again and laughed. "You two may as well have gotten married when you first met. I honestly thought you guys were already engaged when I first met you. Even when you guys are fighting, you're so passionate about each other. You still love each other so deeply and that doesn't just happen.

I shook my head and laughed this time. I didn't say anything. I didn't need to.

"I'm assuming you guys will be living back in your homeland." Jeffery sighed and I shrugged.

"I think that's what we settled on last time we had a conversation about it. You know, if we did. I'd be more than willing to have you guys come out and visit sometime and we'd come back as much as we can." I rambled. "My mum has had me away for so long, I don't want to be away any longer anyway."

"And Hayley?"

"She was hesitant at first but she did some research and saw that there are job openings there and she has always loved the country. Every time we visited she'd say how she wanted to stay."