Chapter 35

-Hayley's POV-

"No Niall," I protested as his firm grip around my wrist tightened. "Really. We can stay inside. It's not a big deal. We already went out today."

"Your hometown does not count as going out." Niall pointed out and continued to urge me out the door. After a long car ride home and spending the rest of the day in a miserable, self pity slump, Niall was trying to get me out of the hotel. I was already dressed. I had taken the time to put make up on my face so we were going out at one point or another. However, I didn't have the strength in me to venture out into the public eye in my emotional state.

I figured maybe we'd go to one of the old drive in movie theaters and make out in the back seat. Niall had other plans. Formal plans. Dinner plans.

"Dinner and then we can go do something else." Niall said in an attempt to  compromise.

"What else would we do in this town?" I sighed. My fingers gripped around the door frame as Niall continued to try to pull me out the door. I couldn't help but laugh about it. I knew how ridiculous this must look, fighting about going out or not. This just proves my point: we are always bickering.

"All there is to do is movies, clubs, and bars. I would say let's go to a bar but I'm not legal and neither are you." I pointed out. Niall let go of my wrist and I started to make a run back to the sanctuary of the bedroom. My feet carried me about three steps before Niall's toned arms wrapped around my waist, causing me to yelp.

"Then we can go to a movie or a club and not drink." Niall said. His tone was serious but I could tell it was taking every bit of him not to burst out in laughter, just as it was me. I gripped onto a nearby door frame that I nearly hit my head on. Wailing my arms around wildly while Niall had me slung over his shoulder was probably not the wisest idea.

"You not drink?" I laughed. "Good joke, babe, good joke."

"I'm not joking." Niall laughed. "Jesus Christ, why are you being so stubborn?"

He loosened his grip on me and I craned my neck to look up at him. He looked so sexy, no use trying to deny it. His hair was quiffed to perfection and his shoulders looked so broad underneath his fitted black jacket. He wasn't dressed in anything special. He didn't have layers of leather or a suit and tie. The simple combination of fitted jeans and tee shirt did him enough justice. Hell, he could wear sweatpants and he'd still look down right fuckable.

"It's just been a while." I told him, my hands dropping to my sides away. No point in resisting anymore. He would find a way to win, he always did.

I heard a low sigh and I felt Niall's shoulders slump underneath my stomach. His feet padded across the hardwood flooring into the kitchenette. I felt the cool marble surface through my thin black pants as Niall set me down in front of him. I spread my legs apart, allowing him to stand between them. I kept my eyes cast down at my hands in my lap. I could see Niall stoop down lower, trying to get in my eye sight.

"Yeah, it has been a while since I've taken you out." Niall said softly. "That's why I want to do this."

"You know, that's not what I mean." I sighed heavily, looking up at him. His eyes showed no judgment.

"That's what you should mean though."

I combed my fingers through my curled hair, remaining silent.

"Hayley.." Niall coaxed and I bit my lower lip.

"I've done such a good job of not pissing anyone off though." I sighed quietly.

Niall stayed quiet, mulling over my sentence in his mind. He scratched the back of his neck before placing his hand on my thigh. "I know the hate sucks, princess, but you can't let it keep you from going out in the world and living your life."