Chapter 74

-Niall's POV-

Pain.

There was pain everywhere.

My head throbbed. My brain felt like it had swelled against my skull. My eyes were heavy. I couldn't open them no matter how hard I tried to.

"He looks like shit, man."

"Could be worse."

I recognized the voices but I couldn't put two and two together.

"I can't believe she sat here for two days straight."

Two days? She? What?

I tried to shift my weight but I was stopped by an exploding bomb of pain in my side. By instinct, my hand clutched my side and my body stiffened, making it hurt even more. My eyes popped open at the intense feeling.

Four pairs of wide eyes stared back at me. Harry, Louis, Liam, Zayn.

I looked around me. The walls were plain white. The bed was uncomfortable. There was a beeping sound that was going to fast to be anything normal. Something tickled my nose. I raised my hand to bat it away but something tugged at my hand and it hurt. It wasn't even my hand, it was my vein.

An IV?

I looked down at my body which was covered in an ugly grayish blue gown. Where the hell was I?

And then it all clicked.

Flashbacks came back in bits and pieces. I remember screaming and yelling. I rememeber punching and cursing. I remember running and the phone call. I remember being pushed through a window. I remember the hatred and I remember him.

I remember being so pissed that I could kill him. I remember hearing the words fly from his mouth as he yelled and I remember him pointing a gun at Hayley.

Hayley.

Panic replaced the anger building inside me. I gripped  the stupid fucking tube in my nose and threw it over my head. I reached for the IV stuck in my hand. I needed this thing out of me. I needed to find her.

Where was she?

I screamed hysterically as panic and pain flooded my brain. Everything was a blurry mess. Multiple hands pressed against my shoulders trying to restrain me against the bed. I kicked my leg and continue to pry myself free.

"Niall! Buddy! Stop!"

"Where is she?! Where the fuck is she?! I need her!" I yelled so loud it seemed to rip my vocal chords.

"Call her. And call the nurses!"

The voices meshed in my head. My screaming drowning them out.

Where was Hayley? What happened to her?

My head felt dizzy but I refused to calm down.

Liam's hands were on my shoulders as Harry pressed the orange nurse button on my bed. Zayn was yelling down the hallway and Louis was just putting his phone away.

"Let go of me! I have to find Hayley!" I screamed at Liam.

He winced slightly but that was all. "She's on her way, Niall."

"I left her! I said I wouldn't do that anymore!" I screamed as the memories flashed in my brain.

The signing, leaving the first time, her dad's funeral, the sleepless crying nights, the trips to Ireland, the goodbyes at airports, the fights, the  slamming doors, yelling, screaming, walking out. All of it coming back at once hurt everything. Inside and out.