Chapter 55

-Hayley's POV-

I stared at the bowl full of fruit in front of me. My mom thought maybe I would eat it but I found no interest in it. I just wanted to go upstairs and stare at the blank walls for the rest of my life, but I couldn't. Tomorrow I had to go back to school. Two days. Only two days had past by and it felt like eternity.

"Hayley," My mother said cautiously as she eyes the untouched bowl in front of me. "you should eat something."

I shook my head. "Not hungry." My voice was bleak and quiet. My hair was greasy from the lack of motivation to shower. And I was still wearing the same pair of pajamas I wore when I stayed the first night here.

"Then please shower. I think you'd enjoy the privacy more than if you wear stuck in the dorms."

I didn't say anything. I pushed my stiff body out from the table and slowly walked towards the stairs. My eyes watched my feet slowly rise and push the rest of my body further up the stairs until there was no longer an incline, only a platform.

The water was hot, almost too hot, but I didn't bother to adjust it. I let my body shrink down until I was sitting on the shower floor, the water stinging my bare back.

"Niall! Stop it. You're not taking a shower with me! Wait your turn." I laughed as Niall pulled the curtain back, exposing my entire body to his eyes. He had seen my naked many times before but the idea of showering with him sent my stomach into a knot.

Niall shook his head and pulled his shirt off. "I'm trying to save water." He smirked, hooking his thumbs to the sides of his pants and pulling them down to his ankles. I bit back a smile. I could never get used to the fact that he was completely mine, and I don't think I ever will.

He stepped inside the shower and pulled the thin curtain closed, disconnecting us from the outside world as if it was a shield. I raised my hands to cover myself casually as he did so. My hair was wet and clung to my head in the most unattractive way possible. I just knew it.

Niall turned his head back to face me and frowned. "What's wrong?" He asked over the falling water behind me.

I shrugged. "Nothing."

He reached for my arms secured over my chest and I recoiled back slightly. "Why do you cover yourself up?" He asked softly. His voice was low and hushed. "You don't have to do that with me."

I shifted my weight and my eyes fell to the ground.

"Hayley," I reluctantly returned my gaze towards him. His hair was damp now occasionally a drop would fall down his cheek or his nose. "You're beautiful."

A snort escaped my mouth and Niall smiled but returned to a serious face. "I'm serious. Whether you believe me or not, you are so gorgeous and it gets so hard for me to control myself around you."

His fingers slid around my wrists and I let him remove them from my body.

"You're so sweet," He placed a kiss to my forehead.

"And caring,"

My nose.

"sarcastic,"

My cheek.

"bossy,"

My other cheek.

"needy,"

"You're not helping." I laughed.

"I'm not finished." He smirked and pressed his lips to my neck.