Chapter 44

-Hayley's POV-

I stared in disbelief as the dark greying hair and deep set dark eyes of Ryan narrowed at me. I though Mom said he was out of town for some business thing? Why was he here?

"I asked you first." I mumbled. It was a weak defense but it was all I had at the moment. I was too caught off guard. I had prepared myself for a nice quiet time with my family like before Ryan came into our lives.

Ryan mumbled something under his breath that I couldn't catch. Probably something along the lines of calling me a nosey little bitch or something. "My meeting was canceled."

"Well couldn't you go somewhere else?" I snapped harshly. Much harsher than I intended.

"Because I live here more than you do," Ryan snapped back at me and I prayed Logan was not in earshot distance. "besides, how the hell would I know that you were here? You're never here."

"Trying to change my ways," I said spinning my phones against the island tabletop.

Ryan laughed and shook his head before throwing something in the sink. I tried not to wince as the loud clamoring noise filled the small apace. "What's the sudden desire? That contract with your boyfriend finally end."

My annoyance was coursing through me again. I could only handle Ryan ten minutes at a time, except this time it was more like ten seconds.

"You know just as well as I do that there is no contract to our relationship," I said lowly and Ryan rolled his eyes again.

"That's true," He said surprising me in the process. "I know it's not fake; but there's something about you two that shouldn't allow you two to be together."

"And what would that be? The Atlantic Ocean dividing us at the moment?"

Ryan pulled up a chair and sat across from me. A sickening smirk covered his old tired features. He crossed his arms and leaned forward against the tabletop.

"Think about it Hayley," He said quietly as twirled a pen between his fingers. "You're over here on this side of the world. Over here, at college of all places, a place where you drink and party and you young people tend to hook up. A place where mistakes happen. You haven't had a guy in your life since high school so the new fresh meat out there may catch your attention."

"I haven-" I started but Ryan held his hand up silencing me.

"I wasn't finished," He smirked and I bit my tongue. "Even if you aren't the one getting some on the side, Niall's on the opposite side of the world. He's actually in a completely different world. He lives in the spotlight where every girl is just waiting to throw themselves onto him, and he knows it. There's singers, dancers, models,"

I cringed and Ryan noticed.

"You see, Niall is a man. And a man has needs, sexual needs. And he only sees you, his girlfriend, every few months. There is no way that Niall can contain himself for so long, especially with him in his prime."

I felt incredibly awkward talking about Niall and I's sex life with this man that II absolutely despised, but at the same time I was angry. I was angry that he was insisting that one of us were cheating on the other which hadn't happened. It hadn't happened and it wouldn't happen. Ever.

"We are in a loyal relationship." Is the only thing I could manage to say.

Ryan smirked and let out a low chuckle. "You may be." Ryan slowly got to his feet and started walking away.

"Niall wouldn't do that. I know him better than you do." I yelled after him causing him to stop in his tracks. Ryan looked over his shoulder and smiled darkly at me again.