Chapter 65

-Niall's POV-

The air was crisp and the wind was cool. The stone wall I had been sitting on was starting to hurt my bum, but I ignored it as my dad continued to talk to me.

"So you have your X-Factor audition tomorrow." He said with my smile but the tone of his voice was sad.

I nodded my head as my eyes focused on a group of ants scurrying across the concrete.

"If you make it,  what do you want to do with it? What are you looking forward to?"

I lifted my eyes to meet my father's. They were teary but I knew he was proud that I was trying to get out an doing something for myself. Something he never did. "I want to be the best artist I can be."

It was true. That's what I wanted. I wanted to work with music and the guitar for the rest of my life.

My dad laughed and shook his head. "I know that, Niall." He explained. "What I mean is, what will this give you that you couldn't get here in Mullingar? Besides the chance of being famous."

I shrugged. "I want to be someone that can help. Inspire someone. Do something extreme in my life." I told him with a smile. "Besides, I stand a chance with all those babes now."

My dad laughed with me for a while before lifting his eyes to the stars above our heads. "But that's not what you really want. Is it, lad?" He had a knowing smile on my face.

He knew it.

I knew it.

"No," I shook my head focusing my vision on the street before me. "I don't want some famous girl that is always looking perfect. I mean, look at me. I'm not perfect. These fucking front teeth of mine are hideous."

"Don't degrade yourself," My dad said while slapping his hand against my back. "Besides, being perfect is boring."

I sat on my bum, staring at an empty suitcase before me. I didn't want to pack. If I started packing it meant I had given up and that is not what I wanted to do. Hayley had been ignoring me since I left. She returned no calls, no texts, nothing.

I was fixing to go to Florida. I would have to start my shows again. We wouldn't be able to talk just whenever like we could now. It wouldn't work.

I wanted to mend the things that had broken apart now before it was too late.

"Niall, you've got to start packing buddy." I turned my head to see Louis standing over me. Since I was on the ground, he towered over me and I could tell he enjoyed looking down at people for once.

"I don't want to. can't you just leave me here?" I sighed and Lou laughed before joining me on the floor.

"You know we can't do that. You love tour."

I shrugged.

"You told her didn't you?" Louis sighed tucking his knees to his chest.

I glanced over at him. How did he know? I didn't tell me.

"Liam told us." He clarified as if my thoughts were written on my forehead.

"Yeah," He groaned pushing me hand through my hair. "I told her."

"You gotta admit, it's a lot to take it."

"She knows that I wouldn't lie about this. She has to know that I wouldn't bring it up unless I felt like she should know. She should just fucking know." I was growing frustrated. Very frustrated.

"Hey, hey, Niall, calm down." Louis said. "I'm sure she still knows. It's just a lot to process. I bet once you guys get some space for tour things will fall back into place. That's what you guys are trying, right? Space?"

I bit my lip. "Well,"

"Well what?"

"We tried."

"Niall..?" Louis warned. "Don't tell me you-"

"You may have fucked in the dorm room." I winced trying not to smile.

Louis fell back on his back and stared at the ceiling, shaking he head. "I cannot believe you."

"We are bad at the whole space thing." I shrugged.

"Obviously." Louis sat up again, still shaking his head. "c'mon we need to get you packed."

I didn't argue or raise any hell. I just got to my feet and started folding the clothes I had along with Louis.

Things would be fixed before I left. I would make sure of it. And if she told me to go to Florida without another word, then so be it. I would give her that damn space that she wanted.

((A/N: ew I'm really sorry this is really short and I made you wait so long. I forgot it was mother's day when I promised and update. I'll try for Tuesday and go from there.

Thank you again for everything Ilysm xx))