Chapter 8

-Niall's POV-

Hayley's loose blonde hair stuck to her forehead that was damp with sweat. Her chlorine beautiful eyes heavy with sleep. She clung tightly to my neck as I carried her bridal style into her dorm room. She hadn't stopped shaking since she pulled the trigger. Her cries had decreased into shaky breathing.

I turned the doorknob and set Hayley down on her small bed. I bent down on my knees at the side of the bed. My fingers pushing her hair away from her lovely serene face. She was so cute when she was asleep.

"I'm so sorry, baby. This is my fault. I shouldn't have left you alone in that hotel room. I know that's why you left. I do that way too much anymore. I shouldn't have asked you to go on tour with me either. You have a life here and we agreed that I should stay out of any academics. I just wanted what was best for you and I thought that was me. pretty selfish right?" I laughed breathily.

"I'm a pretty big pussy aren't I? Telling you all this while you're asleep. I just, I don't know. I try to do my best for you Hayley, I really do. I just get jealous because I'm waiting for the day that you get up and leave me. The day that you get tired of my shit and find someone else. I miss you every second that I'm away from you." I looked at my wrist where the leather band with the blue guitar pick still layed.

"You know I haven't taken this thing off since you gave it to me. It feels nice. I like it a lot. Mainly because it comes from you and I love you. I have never loved someone as much as I love you. Not this strongly or deeply. You know, sometimes when life in the bright lights gets too much for me I think about giving up and just running mad. Like punching someone in the face mad. But then I remember you. You make me stronger Hayley. I feel like I can take on the world, and as long as you're by my side, I know I will be able to. God,  if only I could say this when you're awake." I sighed.

"Here, let's get you into something more comfortable."

Now I'm just talking to myself.

I slid her out of her jeans and suffocating top. Would she want her bra off? Doesn't matter, it's coming off anyway. I slipped my shirt off over my head and carefully slipped it over her naked torso. Why didn't she wear my clothes more often? She's so sexy in them.

I pulled the duvet up to her chin and stripped off my jeans. Just as I was about to crawl in the bed with Hayley, I heard a knock in the door.

Dammit. Who the hell...?

I swear my heart stopped as I looked at the same slut in front of me. The same fake brunette yoga pants wearing slut that tried to hand me her number last time I was here. What was her name again? I don't even fucking remember. Anna? Shanna? Abracadabra?

I rolled my eyes and began to shut the door but she managed to stick her arm out and stop it.

"Why do you think you're doing?" She smiled as she pushed the door open again.

"Going to bed." I snapped.

Her eyes trailed down my body and i mentally cursed myself for not putting on any clothes before answering the door. A small smirk covered her face.

"Hayley asleep?" She asked stepping closer.

"Yeah, and I'm about to join her. Good night Anna."

"Hannah." she corrected as she stopped the door yet again. "And maybe you should join me in the shower before you turn in?"

I laughed. Was she serious?

"Look Lana."

"Hannah."

"Yeah sure, I'm not going anywhere with you. I'm staying here with my girlfriend that I love very much."

"And these don't sway you at all?" She smiled mysteriously before rapidly lifting her shirt to expose her bare tits.

"Oh god." I mumbled and looked at the ground. "Samantha,  get out. Go away. And take your tits with you."

She rolled her eyes and flipped me off before walking away with her brand new nose in the air.

I sighed and shut the door. I just wanted to sleep. I pulled the duvet down and crawled under, welcomed by the warmth Hayley's lovely body radiated. I pressed a quick kiss to her temple and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Niall...?" A weak voice spoke.

Dammit you woke her up.

"Yes babe?" I watched as she struggled to switch onto her other side to face me. Her eyes drooped. She kept her head resting on the pillow but her small hand reached out and cupped my cheek.

"Who was at the door?" Her eyes closed only to be forced open again. My thumb traced across her lower lip.

"No one special or important."

"who?" She repeated.

I sighed. "That one girl on your floor. The brunette, Shana or something."

"Hannah?"

"Yeah, that's her name."

"She told you that and you still don't remember?" She laughed lightly.

I shrugged. "She's not you so there's no need to remember her."

A small smile spread across her lips under my touch. "I love you."

I pressed my lips against hers. Not deepening it, just a regular loving kiss. "I love you too. I always will."

Hayley crept closer, fitting her head under my chin and wrapping her tiny arms around me. "Don't leave me."

Her voice was shaky again and I knew what was on her mind. He was. I pulled her closer and our legs tangled together. I pressed another kiss to the top of her head and reated my cheek on her head.

"Never again. He'll never come near you again.  I promise."

I wasn't sure how  I was going to do that but I had every intention to make it happen. Chris would not come near her again. I wouldn't allow it. If he did, he wouldn't be so luck and only get shot in the arm.

((I just have myself feels writing this tbh.  haha any way thank you so much for being patient! How was everyone's weekend?  And for my American readers, thanksgiving?  Vote and comment:) thank you ily xxx))