Chapter 64

-Niall's POV-

She amazed me every damn time. Sometimese it was simple little reminders like  the way she'd call me a poor little millionaire when I complained or when she would steal my hat and run around the room as I chased her. Other times the memories were so powerful I questioned if I was dreaming, reliving the past, or if it ws actually happening.

Now was one of those more powerful times.

I watched as Hayley tipped her head upside down and pulled her hair into a big loose bun on top of her head. She straightened her back and then kneels down, piling things into the large box.

We had already taken down five boxes full of her shit. But surprisingly that held most of it.

"It's a good thing your music career worked out otherwise you'd be unemployed," Hayley teased folding the flaps of the box together. "You get so distracted. What's on your mind?"

I shrugged. "Just reminiscing."

Hayley nodded and placed her hands into her back pockets. "Yeah, me too."

"Are you?" I asked as she took the empty box out of my hands.

"Yeah," She replied placing what few things remained inside. "We had placed a shit ton of things in boxes together. Every time you get distracted and you never tell me what it is."

"It's usually you," I answered bluntly.

Hayley shook her head. "Do you remember how much my mom hated you when you showed up at my hospital room?"

I laughed. Of course I remembered. At first I was confused. All I did was thank the girl that had saved my life and somehow she still found a way to hate me.

Even though I wasn't even the target.

"Yeah,  I remember. She would glare at me and leave the room if I was ever there."

Hayley kneeled on the floor  pushing the box to the side before lying on her back. "She spent the entire ride home yelling at me after you followed me out to the parking garage."

"That's where I got your number after being such an ass to you." I said mimicking her actions and lying down beside her. "I've always been an ass to you. Since the beginning."

I felt Hayley intertwine her fingers between mine. "No. No you haven't. Remember that interview where I was told to go on a diet?"

I flinched at the memory. How could I forget? That was the first time I completely lost it at an interview. I ended up cursing the fat old guy out. I spent the rest of the time throwing shit across the room while Hayley was away from me. 

"You defended me."

"I didn't follow you," I growled. "And I'll never forgive myself for that. Instead Harry had to go get you. I should have went after you."

"Stop beating yourself up!" Hayley screeched propping herself up to look at me but I looked away. "Niall James," She scolded. "Look at me."

She ran her fingers along my jawline, waiting for me to cooperate with her. Which I finally obliged.

"You defended me. No one else did that. Then you spent the rest of the night with your arms around me. You helped me through my grieving with my father's death. You took me to freaking Ireland, Niall! Multiple times! You gave me the experience of a concert which I never would have experienced without you. You have me four new friends. You gave me a family, and you helped me gain my own back. You were my rock when I was unstable. You were the sunshine when I was depressed. You helped me in so many ways. Every time we got together again, you tried to make it worth all the time missed. You took me to a cabin for Valentine's day, away from everything.