Chapter 51

-Niall's POV-

"Why'd you bring me back here Horan?" Barbara whispered in my ear. Her hot breath fanned uncomfortably across my earlobe. Her voice was high and nasally. Not near as seductive as Hayley's. I tried not to cringe and shrugged my shoulders.

I needed to stop thinking about Hayley. I needed to stop. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe we didn't make it. Maybe we were never meant to make it.

Everyone was wrong in that case.

"You don't have to answer," She continued as her hands ran down the front of my shirt. "I already know."

"Do you now?" I rolled my eyes and tone was full of venom, even in my drunken state I didn't want her. Yet here I was, with her. Alone.

"Of course!" She cheered proudly. She acted as if she was a victor of something. Of what? The fact that I'm here alone. The answer was obvious to everyone. "That old girlfriend isn't satisfying you."

I sighed. It was pointless to argue with her. It was pointless to argue with myself. I decided to do this and I was going to carry out my intentions.

this is wrong. My sbconcious whispered over the blood pulsing through my head. Let Hayley explain first.

I shook my head and let it roll back to where I could only see the ceiling. My body was numb and heavy. I felt as if I was full of lead. Barbara continued to drag her sticky lipstick stained lips across the skin of my neck but it drew no emotion or response from me.

It wasn't the same.

She wasn't the same.

She wasn't Hayley.

Fuck, I needed to stop thinking about her. I had told myself that fifteen hundred times before and yet my mind still manage to twist and weave back to her cute snort filled laugh or the way she sighed when I hit that sweet spot on her neck.

How I could distract her so easily just by dragging my teeth across her earlobe before leaving one long wet strip down her neck. Alternating between kissing and sucking at her sun kissed skin. The way she would thread her fingers through my hair and clench harder when I did something right.

Or how her hips rolled against mine before ever layer of fabric that served as a barrier between our aching bodies to feel each other. To want each other. The only thing that kept us apart, but yet was so easy to discard and forget about for the rest of the night. How she would cling and squeeze my arms when I could get deep enough, slow enough, torturous enough. Her eyes rolling back as she screamed my name, making me want to do the same thing.

I felt my lips tug into a small smile as I pictured her fingers interlocking with mine as we walked down the sidewalk or how she would trace my veins when she was curled against me, before pecking a single kiss to my lips and ducking away before I could deepen it.

I loved her and no one else. I never would love anyone the way I loved Hayley. She had taken a part of me and she still possessed it.

But I didn't possess hers anymore.

Maybe I never did.

I laughed aloud at my stupidity. I was such a fucking idiot.

I heard the low snap of heavy curtains hitting against each other. The only force that could create that sort of sound was someone ripping the curtains back with determination to see what was on the other side.

And in this case, Hayley was the force and the scene on the other side was me with Barbara's sticky lips on my skin.

Her eyes were wide and focused solely on me. I felt a twitch in my chest, like my heart had forgot to pump the blood pulsing through it. It hurt.