Chapter 43

"I don't think they are getting married anymore..."

"Wait what?" I asked jerking back a little bit. Why wouldn't they be getting married? Mom had been so much happier nowadays. It doesn't make any sense.

Logan shrugged. "They have been fighting a lot. Ryan hasn't been around much either and Mom's been out a lot too during the day. I don't know where she goes but she's always back in time to cook dinner because Lord knows I can't cook."

Mom's going out? Going out where? With who? My head was starting to ache from all this new information being thrown at me when I hadn't even processed half of what was already in my head.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they continue with the wedding." I said leaning back and staring at the clouds passing by.

"What do you want them to get married?" Logan asked angrily.

I shook my head. "No, but how often do things work out the way we want them too?"

"Whatever," Logan huffed and got to his feet. "let's just go back home."

What the hell was wrong with him? I understand that I don't live here anymore. I don't have Ryan around all the time so I have more of a tolerance than Logan, but that doesn't mean anything about what goes on between him and my mom.

Yes, I'd love for my mom to  find someone else. Someone who is more caring and not so irratible but how was she supposed to find someone like that anymore? She worked in the same place she's been working at for years now. No one new ever gets a job besides young fresh college graduates. And I know how old it gets to be single all the time. It gets lonely.

I shook my head and got to my feet. This wasn't worth getting mad or defensive about so I followed behind Logan slowly making sure to tell Dad goodbye.

-Niall's POV-

"I seriously do not give a fuck." I sighed as Carl and Miles stared at me from behind their big stupid desks. I wanted to wrap their ties around their neck and pulled until they either passed out or their neck snapped. Either way would be fine.

"Niall, this is a very big and very serious tour. We already let you fly over there to see her over your break. You don't need to go back in another three weeks." Miles said.

I ran my fingers through my hair and collapsed back in the big stupid red leather chair. This thing wasn't even comfortable.

I told Hayley I'd see her in a month. And I was going to see her in a month if it was the last thing I did. Then I remembered something.

"But I'm doing this favor for a friend." I said quickly. Both Miles and Carl looked at each other before returning their attention to me. "There's this big new fancy night club opening thing in Kansas City that night. Barbara asked me to go and make a grand appearance and shit, y'know? She knows the owner and she said it would be great for publicity. Not just for the club but it gets our names out there too. Helps shape that bad boy image you want from us now."

They seemed to roll the idea back and forth in their minds. marinating it in evil lust for power and publicity. Carl shrugged.

"Okay, but all the boys are going."

What? All?

"Isn't that a bit much? I mean all five of us in the same place? With little security." I asked. I really did plan on going to the club with Hayley, but this didn't sound too hot.

Miles shrugged and rolled a pen through his index finger and thumb. "We'll contact them. Make sure the security is strict and a guest list will be necessary unless some rich brats can bribe their way in. We're helping the club as well, you see."