Chapter 20

-Niall's POV-

"Good night everybody!" Harry screamed into the microphone signally the end of our show. Finally we had reached our scheduled break. I could finally go see Hayley. I hadn't told her that I was going back to see her yet. I wanted it to be somewhat of a surprise. I knew that if I told her three weeks ago when I found out, she would do nothing but worry and try to cram in so much for us to do that we would not even get enough time to breathe.

I pulled the tee shirt over my head as Liam and I ran through the backstage corridors. It was late and I knew that no matter how much we all argued with Paul and the rest of security, spending any time with the fans was not happening. I grabbed the blue long sleeved shirt from our stylist and continued to run to the bus. The high pitched screams pierced my ears before I could even get to the doors.

"Sorry loves we'd love to stay but we've got to go!" Liam explained as he waved at all the girls that he could and I did the same before joining the rest of the lads on the bus. Next stop: airport.

-Hayley's POV-

My head ached more with every small movement. I tried to concentrate on my homework but it wouldn't work. Here I was, on a Saturday night, attempting to do homework that wasn't due for another week.  It seemed like the only logical thing to do. I couldn't read a book or watch a movie without hearing about how worry free and in love the rest of the world was. McKenna and Matt had gone out on date night. McKenna insisted on canceling and staying with me but I finally convinced her to go after two more hours of constant bickering.

About another three hours of trying to keep my head still passed before I finally gave up. With a sigh my books dropped on top of my desktop. I still had no idea what to do. My hands covered my face as I stared at the ceiling for the millionth time since college started.

How would Niall react when I told him about running into Chris? Let alone, his reaction when I tell him about his offer. I knew he would shoot it down before I could blink. In a way, it was reassuring, but in another it hurt. I did not want to have to do anything with Chris. The very thought of breathing the same air as him sent an uneasy shiver down my spine. Then on the other hand,  I felt like I could fake it enough to his satisfaction that I could get the desired information out of him.

No, Hayley. You have a boyfriend that you love very much and you do not want to risk it. You're finally at a good place. Don't fuck it up. My subconscious reminded me; and she was right. I shouldn't even be considering this. I should have told Chris to fuck off and find some other whore to be his play thing. But instead, here I am, contemplating whether to gamble my relationship that I always dreamed of.

I glanced at the clock. It was only eight and I was starved. I pulled my phone out and decided to call Niall. Even though my min was at war, he shouldn't know about it.. just yet.

With my Phone pressed to my ear, I pulled on a jacket and a pair of shoes. "What the fuck?" I said aloud and dropped my phone into my bag. It didn't even ring, I was sent straight to voice mail. Niall always has his phone on. Always.

Maybe the sub shop was still open.

-Niall's POV-

"Excuse me, Sir," the blonde flight attendant with an annoying squeaky high pitched voice smiled as she shook my shoulder to wake me from my nap. "We are almost to our destination."

I struggled to keep my eyes open. I was so tired and I was sick of this attendant waiting on me hand and foot. She wold not leave my side and not once did she stop smiling.

"Oh thank you," I mumbled and sat up my seat. "What time is it anyway?"

"It's a little after midnight." There was that god damned smile again. "Can I get you anything else?"

I shook my head and forced a smile. "Nope, just get me on the ground so I can see my girlfriend."

Her never ending smiled faltered for a moment but still stood strong as she walked away. The corners of my mouth twitched into a smile of victory. Finally, maybe she' d leave me be now.

...

"Hey."

"Hey babe, how are you?" I asked through the phone as I closed the cab door and threw a tip through the window. I turned to see the towering buildings of the university dorms. It was still weird to think that this is what most college students live in.

"i'm fine. Why didn't you answer my call earlier?" Well, she was impatient. My steps echoed thorugh the  abandoned halls as I walked the familiar route to Hayley's dorm room. I probably should have told her a while ago that I was coming to see her. Like back in Atlanta.

"Funny story.." I laughed as I stood in front of her dorm door and knocked.

I heard her groan. "Tell me. But hold on, some assholes is at my door." I held back a snicker and waited anxiously.

-Hayley's POV-

Who the fuck knocks on someone's dorm at 12:30? I was not in the mood for any sort of visitors. I twisted the metal knob and pulled the door open. "What the hell do you wa-"  My jaw hit the floor and bounced back up as I stared at the blonde Irish boy laughing hysterically in front of me. "Niall.. fuck you." I laughed and dropped my phone on the bed closely behind me before reaching out for him.

His arms circled and hugged my waist tightly as his contagious laugh continued to echo in my ears. I weaved my fingers through his hair and pressed a kiss to his cheek. Even with the unnerving thoughts running through my mind, this was the boy I loved. And this was the boy that I could only ever be with willingly.

((soooo HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! How are you all? Uhm, I just wanted to thank you all because I think this book is like #864 on Teen Fiction. Yeah I know 864 is really big but hey there are a shit ton of teen fictions so i am very honored and proud of you guys. Thank you for reading and vote and commenting. Please keep it up. I have decided that I will not be having goals for you guys to meet in order for an update. I will update no matter what. But IF you comment and vote a lot I will try to update sooner. It just makes me want to update for you guys! I love seeing comments about what you guys think is going to happen:) It's so amusing and some may be right or may not be;) PLEASE KEEP IT UP! keep voting and commenting please!! thank you ily xx))