Chapter 24

-Niall's POV-

"Niall! Stop, I need those keys. I'm meeting the renters in town in less than hour! Niall!" Hayley pleaded trying to keep her face angry but I could see the smile and laughter threatening at the corners of her pink lips.

I held the keys higher in the air. I enjoyed being taller than someone. Usually I was the one who jumped and hopped around trying to get things away from Harry or Liam. Hayley pulled at the collar of my shirt, but the keys remained out of her reach.

"Niall!" She whined and stuck out her lower lip.

I faked my surprise at her. "Oh, you need this?" I asked innocently.

She rolled her eyes, her perfect beautiful chlorine eyes that could make me do anything she could ever want me to do just with a simple look and bat of her long fucking eyelashes. "Yes, I need them. I've said that how many times now?" Her tone was forced. I knew she was dying to burst out laughing with me.

"Oh, so they are pretty important, aren't they?" I asked inspecting the two keys on the metal ring.

She nodded roughly. "Uh, duh."

"Ohhh..." I dragged out before lower the keys towards her open hand. Hayley started to close her delicate fingers around them when I jerked them away and forced them down the front of my pants with a smirk.

Hayley stared with an open mouth, totally shocked. Her eyes were wide with disbelief, exchanging from my eyes down to my crotch and back. "What the fuck?!" She cried.

"You said they were important." I repeated and she nodded. "Then you can get them yourself." I smirked and she punched me shoulder.

"I'm going to be late." She said in a quiet voice.

I shook my head. "Trist me, you won't be late."  As she reached for my zipper.

I jolted awake suddenly. I looked around the dark room and let out a loud sigh. It was only a memory. A memory from the perfect passionate relationship we had over the summer.

Summer.

That was probably the craziest and dramatic summer I have ever had, but all the same it was the most relaxing. During those months I felt as if I was, well, almost married. I woke up to Hayley wearing my tee shirts or nothing at all. We spent the day with Logan or just being stupid together inside, hiding from the exhausting heat. Then we went back to Ireland.

Oh shit. That was mental. That's when Mum and Chris thought the only thing holding us together was the guilt that Hayley literally saved my life. All the difficulty we faced together. All those times that the world was against us, we were the only two people on our side besides the boys.

That was seriously it.

And then McKenna and Matt now..

Then we had that faggot, Chris. Why did Hayley ever go to that fucking party? I remember that night very well too. I called her five times before she answered. First thing I hear is some guy yelled her name in the background. This guy I met. As soon as those words left her mouth, I knew something wasn't going to end well. Now here we are, in a fucking hotel that we argued to pay over, bitching about every little thing that we have not resolved. Which has actually turned out to be a lot more than I thought.

Why is she even considering this? I mean, I guess she did have a point. If was her dad. But I felt like if Derek wanted Hayley to know about the details of is missions and his arch enemies than he would have told her. He would have left a note, somewhere. I know he would. I didn't know him very long, but I know he would.