Chapter 77

-Hayley's POV- 

**15 months later (July)** 

"No, the flowers go over there in the corner!" I told my aunt who rushed over to place the purple flowers in that exact spot. The past months had been busy with planning and ordering. My second year of college ended with success.

I enjoyed the community college a lot more than the university. Then again, that could simply be because the circumstances this past year were much calmer than the last. I was scheduled to graduate early in December of this coming year. I was excited. My internship had been promoted to a job. Benefits and taxes included. 

"Where's your mom?" An older lady wearing a gold sequined jacket and matching skirt. She must have worked with my mom because I have no idea who the hell she was.

"She's getting ready. Probably last minute adjustments," I smiled gently guiding her out to the lawn. "Why don't you go find a good seat? We have everything under control."

The lady smiled and continued to ramble about how happy she was for my mom as I tried to dismiss myself as nicely as possible.

"Excuse me; I have to go make sure everything is going as scheduled." I smiled and walked away as fast as my heels would allow me.

I pulled up the strapless purple dress so it wouldn't fall off and disappeared back into the house. Dad's old house welcomed me. Even though it was now Jeffery's and would soon be my mother's, it remained the same. The old scratched wooden floors, the dumb cabinets lacking doors, my dad's old office door remained shut, only family allowed.

I walked up the stairs remembering all the things that happened on this very staircase.  Here, I sat and eavesdropped on Niall's conversation with Management which turned into our first big fight. Here, I made out with him for the first time. Here, on the platform, Louis and Zayn held Logan upside down over the edge pretending to drop him which only ended up actually happening. Here, is the last hug I received from my dad.

I inhaled and shook my head. He was in a better place and I knew he was happy now. I knew he was happy about the way we all handled our lives. I knew now that I did him proud. I knew he would want everything to be the way it is now.

I knocked on the door leading to my bedroom twice before peeping my head through the small crack. "How are we doing in here?" I asked stepping through.