Chapter 93

-Hayley's POV-

I pulled a teal colored sweater over my head, adjusting the hem until I was satisfied by my reflection staring back at me in the full length mirror. I wouldn't even consider it as a sweater honestly, but instead a bunch of holes held together by thin pieces of material that somehow caught my attention. Niall walked in the room, shutting the door behind him. He immediately threw off his old soccer tee shirt and pulled on a pair of blue skinny jeans.

"What exactly are we doing?" He asked over his shoulder.

I combed my fingers through my hair before gathering my bangs to the side to put in a braid, "we are going over to your mother's for lunch, your father is going to be there too by the way, and then we are splitting up," I explained, "the girls are going to get the bridesmaid dresses and get them tailored and im checking that I don't need anything else tailored on my own dress."

"You've checked your dress five times now," Niall grinned as he pulled a white tee shirt over his head.

I avoided eye contact and finished my hair, "I just want to make sure it all goes okay."

I folded my arms across my chest and turned towards him. He smiled and shook his head while slipping his toned arms through a blue plaid flannel. He rolled the sleeves up to three quarters length. His smile tugged at his lips as he continued to walk towards me. My heart jolted when his fingertips brushed my forearm before dragging further down and intertwining with my fingers.

"You know damn well that everything is going to turn out okay," Niall said in a low whisper as his free hand trailed down my neck, as if he was tracing the veins that were in charge of getting blood to my blurred brain. I felt goosebumps rise over my arms despite the fact that it was July.

"Five days," I said quietly.

"Five days," Niall repeated with a smile so wide that his dimple carved into his cheek. "C'mon, we should probably get going. You know how my mum gets when she's kept waiting."

"You just wanna go see Theo," I teased slipping into a pair of Toms. Last time I wore these to meet up with the other four boys Louis had laughed and told me that the style was "so 2010".

"Theo is the very thing I live for," Niall called before adding quickly, "besides you babe."

I smirked at him at lightly slapped his cheek twice, "good save."

-

Maura's driveway was already filled with family vehicles when we arrived. I glanced at Niall out of the corner to see him biting the inside of his cheek. I knew he was a little nervous about this lunch. I didn't blame him, I felt the same way. The memories of the time Niall and I explained to Chris and Maura about how we met flashed through my head. They hadn't reacted as well as we wanted and my parents sure as hell didn't like it at first either. And now, here we were, me at age twenty, about to get married. We had been through hell together and somehow we made it through it all stronger than when we started. There was no way I was going to lose Niall simply because other people didn't approve of us. I had lost him too many times before and I had learned my lesson.

"Wow this is such a cute little neighborhood!" My mom praised from the seat behind me, "did you grow up here Niall?"

Niall nodded his head, "I spent my fair share here and at my father's."

I mentally slapped my mom in the face but slowly let it roll off my shoulders. The divorce had always been a sensitive topic with Niall but he had learned to handle it well over the years. However, I wish my mother would listen to me when I told her what topics to avoid.