Chapter 95

-Hayley's POV-

I watched my mother's and Jess' reflections in the vanity before me as they fiddled with the curls in my hair.

"You look absolutely stunning," my mother cooed, her eyes brimming with tears. A smile was permanently etched into her face. I could see so much teeth that it physically pained my own cheeks.

I glanced at Jess, who was smiling just as big as my mom's. I could see the flashbacks of all the memories we all shared together race behind her eyes. "Niall isn't going to be able to keep his hands off of you."

I giggled at her comment and brought my eyes to meet with the ones staring back at me. My eyes were held a brighter blue than usual. They were surrounded by dusty gray eyeshadow and dark eyelashes. My eyebrows were waxed to perfection, which makes up for the excruciating pain.

Sophia and Perrie rushed through the door, Eleanor and Shelby following behind them.

"Finally found that damn lipstick," Sophia laughed, "you would not believe the difficulty it took to do so."

Perrie laughed and rolled her eyes, "who cares how long it took? The shade is perfect for your complexion."

Sophia quickly but carefully dragged the light shade of pink over my lips, making faces involuntarily as she did so.

The two girls stepped back and looked at me, grins plastered onto their faces.

"God, you look gorgeous!" Perrie sighed.

"I'd leave Liam and turn gay for you," Sophia laughed, "don't tell him I said that though."

I laughed loudly and turned back to the mirror. My blonde hair was pulled into an updo, a few long strands of curls were strategically falling out. I caught a glimpse of Shelby and Eleanor in the back, smiling just like everyone else.

"Shall we put on that dress now?"

I looked over at the white garment hanging in solitude in front of three full body mirrors. I nodded with glee.

I let my hands trace over the intricate details made of jewels that covered the neckline down to my waist. I smiled to myself and let out a sigh, "this is it."

I unbuttoned my shirt and stepped out of my shorts, leaving me in some fancy lingerie that Denise had given me for the bachelorette party.

"Damn, Niall's in for a treat tonight!" Sophia laughed and I could feel my face turn bright red.

"Stop it! Now help lace me up in the back," I laughed.

-

"Places everybody, places!" I heard my mother yell on the other side of the door. I rubbed my hands together nervously and looked at Jess.

"You okay?" She asked taking a step closer.

I nodded, "excited."

A knowing smile spread across her lips before she wrapped me in a hug.

There was a tapping at the door followed by my mom telling me that it was time.

"Let's do this."

I watched as the couples of the wedding party walked down the aisle together, arm in arm. I took in a shaky breath and smiled. This was it. This was the day. I tried to sneak a peek at Niall but just as I was about to do so, I felt Jeffrey tap my shoulder.

"Alright, are you ready for this?" I asked offering my arm to him.

"I've been ready for a long time now."

I looked over to see, not Jeffrey, but my father standing beside me. He looked exace as he did years ago. He smiled proudly at me and his brown eyes were glossy.

"Liam's here," I teased and he was giddy with excitement.

"You know, you can always marry him instead."

I laughed again just as the music cued for us to walk forward. I looked down the aisle, everyone rose to their feet, all eyes on me. But all I could see was Niall at the end. I was.expecting his face to hold a big grin or watery eyes, but instead all the color from his face was gone. I followed his wide eyes that were fixed on my dad next to me. I turned to look at my father once more, but it wasn't my dad.

It was Ryan.

"Thought you saw the last of me didn't you?" His laugh was rough and scratchy. His skin was pale and he had dark circles around his eyes. The hair on his cheeks and chin was rough. I tried to yank my arm away from hus but Ryan only held on tighter.

"Now, now, not so fast." His smirk was unsettling and made my stomach churn. I felt like I was going to puke.

I turned to find Niall. Surely he would be coming this way to help me by now. That's what he's done in the past. When my face turned towards the alter, my stomach dropped even further.

Behind Niall stood another Ryan, except in his hand he held a silver pistol, the barrel against the back of Niall's head.

"Such a shame this had to occur on your wedding day," the Ryan next to me sneered. He then turned to the one behind Niall and nodded his head, "do it."

"No!" My screams were cut short by the unmistakable sound only a gunshot can make.

"No, no!"

"Hayley. Hayley!"

I sat up straight in the bed, my body. Covered in a cold sweat. My chest heaved up and down. My heart thumped against my rib cage.

"It's okay," Niall soothed beside me, "it was just a nightmare."

I let my body collapse in his arms, allowing myself to fall apart completely. Tears pricked my eyes and a sob like cough was caught in my throat.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shook my head. I didn't want to even think about it. I wished I never had the dream.

"Such a shame this had to occur on your wedding day."

I'm sure that it was only a dream and nothing more, but it still terrified me to no extent.

"Well, hey," Niall said softly, still cradling me in his arms, "you may want to shower. Diner is almost ready i think and the girls will be by before long to take you out for the night."

I looked at the clock. I had taken a nap and woke up two hours later. I still had the party tonight, the rehearsal tomorrow, and then the wedding.

"Yeah,  okay," I stammered getting to my feet. "I'll take a shower."

Niall continued to look at me with curious eyes. He sat on top of the bed, his hands in his lap. He almost looked like a child being lectured abput giving his vegetables to the dog .

"Are you sure you dont wanna talk about it?" He asked carefully.

I nodded, "maybe later. Not now."

Niall nodded.his head and gave me a small smile. "I love you."

My shoulders relaxed instantly, "I love you too."