Chapter 25

-Hayley's POV-

I stayed quiet while the world zoomed past us outside the car as Niall drove. I didn't feel like driving. I didn't even feeling like breathing at the moment. After last night's five in the morning meeting, neither of us cold get back to sleep. It was now only seven and neither of us had any sort of destination in mind.

I just wanted to rewind time to last night. I wish I would have just kept my mouth shut and enjoy the night alone with Niall before he headed back to his family. I didn't know when that would ne anyway. We hadn't talked to each other very much. Little was said. All I could think of was all the lies I had told Niall's friends and family and even myself without even knowing it.

I knew this whole thing was causing him emotionally pain, it was causing me some too. But, no matter, it still had to be considered. At least until Niall is in the U.S. for tour. That's how much time I was giving myself. As soon as he landed in the U.S. the considering stage was over. It was other fuck Chris or tell him to fuck off.

Don't hurt him. He loves you. Zayn had told me when we were sitting in the hotel room alone in the dark. It was after the interview that Niall nearly lost his temper and smashed the old man's head into the wooden desk between them. I shuddered at the thought. Harry had to find me after I had ran out crying. How stupid was I? Then I came back to find Niall throwing one of the biggest tantrums I had ever experienced, and I lived with Logan and my mom.

I won't. Trust me. I remember telling him that. Looks like I'm a liar, huh.

The last thing I want to do is case your son pain, Maura. Oops, looks like I lied again. To his mother, of all people. Why don't I just get hit by a fucking car already. Maybe then I'd stop fucking up all the damn time.

-Niall's POV-

I glanced over at Hayley in the passenger seat. She held her chin up on her hand as he stared out the window with vacant eyes. I knew she was long lost in thought and it was in my best interest not to disturb her, but this awkward and tense silence was getting under my skin and I didn't like it.

Hayley had barely said anything since this morning when I saw her in the kitchen. She didn't say much then either. Really she hadn't said anything since that fag, Chris, was brought up. My grip on the steering wheel tightened just by the thought of his name.

I knew Hayley. I knew she didn't want to do anything with him and I knew it had taken every part of her to confess to me, in person, that she was considering his ruthless and deceitful offer. But that didn't change my feelings towards the whole scene. I didn't want them near each other. every time he gets near her, Hayley seems to lose sight of all common sense. He gets inside her head and screws up everything we had fought so hard to straighten out.

"Where do you wanna go?" I asked and Hayley lifted her eyes slowly. She had huge bags under her eyes. I knew she was tired, not just from lack of sleep, but from everything that had occurred in the last few months. It had been nothing but one giant roller coaster. One huge high followed by the lowest of the low. There was no in between. No common ground. Just pure confusion that would give both us a bad case of whiplash.

She shrugged. "I don't care."

I had one place in thought but I doubted that Hayley would be for it. I wouldn't be surprised if she took my head clean off. Her mum's.

I sighed heavily and weighed my two options. Either way the day probably wouldn't end well. We were in the awkward slump and all I wanted to do was take her back to the hotel and treat her like nothing was wrong with us or the rest of the world. Like it was summer again.

-Hayley's POV-

I rested my head against the window and closed my eyes. There was one place that I felt like I should go. However, I usually only went there when I was strong enough to handle an argument and in my current state, I'd burst into teas as soon as she started talking to me. It wouldn't even have to be yelling or accusing my love of being fake, it could simply be "No. That's okay. We're okay." I had no idea under what circumstances that those would be the words to exit her mouth but those were what came to my mind first and honestly, I was too tired to think of anything else.

My thoughts were long and endless lines of jumbled and incomplete sentences. My eyes hurt with lack of sleep and the awkward air compacted in this tiny car was starting to make me suffocate.

I sighed heavily without opening my eyes. "Go to my Mom's." I told Niall. I could feel with surprised yet confused stare burn through my skin. Part of me, the more agitated and bitchy side, wanted to slap him and tell him to keep his eyes on the road. But the better knowing and caring part of me just let it be.

"Okay.." Niall answered and continued to drive.

My hand slid across the center console and searched blindly for his hand before he helped me and intertwined or fingers. "I'm sorry.." I told him and I meant every bit of it.

"It's fine. Don't beat yourself p over it." Niall answered before settling back into a more comfortable silence.

((Ugh, shit update. I'm sorry. It's short and shitty. Like real shit. I have the next big twist already planned, however there is going to have to be a few fill in chapters until then. So do bare with me as I continue to have short shitty chapters. Hopefully I can think of something more interesting for the next one. I won't be updating tomorrow. I will start writing Wednesday but I have no idea when it will be posted. Okay anyway love you guys! xxx))