229: counting blessings

Elaine's POV

I was still sleeping peacefully when all of the sudden I was flooded with kisses all over my face. I turned around to face the other direction but her kisses followed. I got under the covers but she just pulled the covers off me.

Billie: baby wake up

Elaine: babe I wanna sleep

Billie: baby come on I got you breakfast

Elaine: five more mins

She let me sleep and when it was five minutes straight she woke me up again

Elaine: babe

Billie: wake up

I woke up, sat up and crossed my legs. I was all pouty on her so she came to me and grabbed my cheeks.

Billie: you look so beautiful when you're mad

Elaine: I'm not mad

Billie: what are you then?

Okay fine I was mad at her for waking me up. She tried to kiss me and I looked away.

Billie: see you're mad

Elaine: no I'm not I wanna brush my teeth

Billie: hurry the food is getting cold

I get off the bed and go to the bathroom and leave the door open so it can be easier to communicate with Billie while I brush my teeth.

Elaine: what time are you performing today?

Billie: (chew) late, why you wanna do something?

Elaine: just asking, you're already eating without me

Billie: I told you it's getting cold

I brush my teeth then go join her. I sit down and stick my tongue at her with my eyes closed.  The next thing I know is our tongues in sync but hers had food. I pull away from the kiss.

Elaine: you're so gross

Billie: I can be grosser

Elaine: (rolls eyes) yeah right

Billie: don't roll those pretty eyes at me

Elaine: (smirk) or what?

Billie: don't tempt me

Elaine: empty threa...

Before I finished my sentence she had pinned me down with her hand on my neck. She looks at me straight in the eye and I do the same and let out a breath.

Billie: I love you

Elaine: I love you too

She smashes her lips against mine and I kiss her back. She gets on top of me and I cling onto her. She tries to take my t-shirt off but I stop her.

Billie: is everything okay?

Elaine: yeah, I'm just... I...I

Billie: baby it's okay you don't have to explain

Elaine: sorry

Billie: it's okay

We continue eating our breakfast in awkward silence, she tries making conversation but I'd just give her one word answers. I was so embarrassed because I was no longer sexually eager as before, I had my days. It's like when I feel better that day, I'm there but most days I'm not. I was just glad I wasn't as moody as the last time it happened, because the last time I'd snap at everyone and push people away. This time like I said a chunk of me died, so instead of doing all that I'd cry in secret. I also didn't want Billie see me at my weakest even though she'll support me. I didn't notice I was staring at her until she pointed it out.

Elaine: I'm sorry, I just think you're incredible

Billie: (smile) thank you

Elaine: I love you okay?

Billie: I love you too, baby don't be sad

Elaine: I'm not, I'm just counting my blessings

Billie: I'm with you okay?

I just nod at the huge grin plastered on her face. It hurts me because I know she's hurting too but she always has to be strong for me and the kids. Billie and the kids are so precious to me, I love them with every fibre in my body but I'm just not sure if I'll win this battle.

-❤️