257: move on

Elaine's POV

So it's been almost two years since Billie and I divorced, our divorce was not messy at all. Billie and I were married in community of property so we had to share everything. Well I didn't take the cars I gifted her I only took the ones I bought myself. I had 70% of the hospital so I gave her 35% too, we shared everything among us equally. She decided to give me the house we lived in which was our most expensive house, initially I wanted to sell the house but they convinced me not too. I couldn't live in a place where I was haunted by memories of what was once there so I moved to a house closer to downtown.

At first my family was very mad and frustrated at me but their tune changed after some few weeks in the divorce and they supported me. I still had a good relationship with my in laws, well I still call them that. I have a very good relationship with them, we still treat each other the same nothing changed. My kids were disturbed the most in the process, they didn't cope very well during the divorce. They'd wake up in the middle of the crying for their mom and there was nothing I could do but shush them back to sleep.

Months after we got divorced Billie started dating again, she was dating a Victoria's secret model Laura. The crazy part about this was that Laura resembled me, she is African American, she had brown eyes and curly hair like me. If you don't know us properly you'd mistake us for each other.

Billie comes over every weekend to get the kids when she's not on tour. She goes with them on tour during school holidays, our relationship is very healthy I must say because we still talk. It was a weekend so the kids are with Billie and I was hanging out with Zara.

Zara: you should really start dating you know

Elaine: no I'm fine with just how things are, me and my kids

Zara: okay when was the last time you got laid?

Elaine: (quiet)

Zara: you see you should really get back on the dating scene

Elaine: ugh Zara I don't want to date no one, in fact let's go out I'm not in a mood to cook

Zara: whoaa we're going to a club

Elaine: no we're going fine dinning

Zara: okay

Elaine: let me go change into something quickly

Zara: okay sure

I changed into a nude dress with sleeves and it had deep v neck line. I did some light make up then styles my hair then I went downstairs.

Zara: you look good

Elaine: thank you let's go

We went to some restaurant and we ordered. Zara got us red wine while we waited for our orders to come through.

Zara: this place is beautiful

Elaine: yeah, Billie showed it to me

Zara: you're not over her are you?

Elaine: what? I'm over Billie

Zara: if you say so

Elaine: where's Manu?

Zara: (blush) he's taking care of Stella

Backstory, a lot happened on the year of mine and Billie's divorce. Zara got pregnant and Manu proposed so now they're engaged.  Fin and Claudia also started their family but it was way before Billie and I divorced. Their daughter is older than Aidan by a year.

Elaine: I'm so happy for you, who knew Manu would stop being a player (laugh) I hope he treats you well

Zara: he does treat me like a queen, I'm so happy Elaine. Out of all the relationships I've been in this one feels right.

Elaine: I'm so happy for the two of you, and I have to see my niece I haven't spoilt her in a while.

Zara: (laugh)

Elaine: so when is the wedding?

Zara: we haven't set a data yet and I wannabe at my best

Elaine: (giggle) you look good

Zara: (eye roll)

Our order came with a card that they gave to me. It was a business card. Okay I hate this, ever since Billie and I broke up people are shooting their shot on me.

Elaine: what is this?

Waiter: that lady over there said I should give it to you

I turned around to see the her and when I looked in the direction where there was a group of people she raised her glass. The first thing I noticed about her is that she was muscular and she had emerald eyes.

Zara: she's fine

Elaine: I guess but no thanks I'm okay

Zara: oh Elaine come on, I'm starting to think you haven't moved on from Billie

Elaine: I've moved on, I'm just not ready to date. I wanna focus on myself and my kids

Zara: you know it's not a sin for you to find love again

Elaine: (sigh) let's go

We finish up our food then we go.

-❤️