320: pursue another relationship

Elaine's POV

Billie kept driving after sometime, she pulled up on the side of the road and looked at me.

Billie: Elaine mamas you can't do yourself like that, you can't run back to him when you are feeling cold. Mamas you deserve better than that. I know I wasn't the best when we were together but I'm here for you. I won't lie and say I know what you're going through because I can only imagine but please don't drag yourself back in that dark place.

I just break down and cry, Billie was right I can't run back to Lisa. This is the worst thing about being in a toxic relationship, you just can't get enough because when they love you they love you hard the same goes with when they hurt you.  She pulls me and let me cry in her arms.

Elaine: I'm sorry

Billie: you don't have to apologize

She lets me cry in her arms, when I stopped she drove again. She passed my house and drive us to the cliff. The last time I was here was when I was still married to her. When we got there she helped me out and we got on top of her car and we layed there and looked at the sunset.

Billie: the first time I brought you here was when you broke up with me

Elaine: (giggle) yeah I remember

Billie: Elaine?

Elaine: mhm?

She turned around and caressed my face.

Billie: I want to kiss you so bad

Elaine: then why aren't you kissing me?

Billie: because I don't want to be a rebound, Elaine I've never stopped loving you. It killed me seeing you with him but I always want to see you happy. I love you and I'll wait for you until you're okay to be in a relationship because I really want us to get back together but not under these circumstances, I don't want to be with you because you're using me to heal but I want you to love me the same way that I love you.

I kept quiet and looked at her, she looked so beautiful with her blonde hair. I sit up and curl because I was cold, she gives me her jacket.

Elaine: I'm sorry I hurt you when I walked away, it was selfish of me to do what I did but I just couldn't keep up with your lifestyle. I was insecure and I'm even more insecure now because of all the scars on my body. I was jealous of all those girls that saw you and spent time with you when I wasn't. I always wanted to have you by my side. I wanted you to be my person my person alone but that's not possible because you use your talent to make people happy. You have to travel all the time and I'm left here to think the worst. Billie I'm sorry but I don't think I'll ever be able to heal enough to pursue another relationship. I love you though maybe we can be friends.

Billie: I'd love to be your friend

Elaine: Billie thank you

Billie: it's okay mamas

Elaine: you're so patient with me thank you

Billie: (smile) anytime

Elaine: maybe I was only supposed to have kids with you that's why God took my baby

I couldn't help but cry, she just hugs me tight

Billie: ssshhh it's gonna be fine

I cried in her arms until I had no tears left to cry

-💔