287: worser than that?

Elaine's POV

The madness between Lisa and I had been going for two weeks and now we were mid the third one. I don't wanna lie he was trying his best but all his attempts were useless to me because all I wanted was the truth. I wanted the truth and the truth was something he wasn't willing to give to me, he kept saying it's better if I don't know. Which I find very annoying, I don't know what he's trying to protect me from because I've been through the worst, it can't get worser than that can it? Anyway today Zara was coming over to have lunch with me, since Lisa was in court.

Zara: sister

Elaine: hey you're here already?

I go to her and we hug then I go take my seat.

Elaine: I last saw you on your wedding, how was your honeymoon?

Zara and Manu had their honeymoon in Bali.

Zara: that place is magnificent

Elaine: really?

Zara: yeah, it's so peaceful, it's a perfect place for a honeymoon

Elaine: (smile) you look good, I'm so happy for you and now we're sisters

Zara: I'm so happy too

She goes on to tell me all about her honeymoon and it sounded very interesting.

Zara: I leave for two weeks and when I come back you're glowing?

Elaine: I am?

Zara: have you looked at a mirror?

Elaine: (giggle)

Zara: I'm serious, he must be giving it to you good.

Yeah Zara knows about Lisa and she couldn't believe it, in fact she wanted me to take a picture for her that's how crazy Zara can be.

Elaine: (clicks tongue) him

Zara: what is everything okay?

Elaine: I don't wanna talk about it

Zara: you know I'm here for you right?

Elaine: Lisa is keeping something big from me.

Zara: what? You think he's married?

Elaine: no not something like that, he's acting very dodgy, I think he's in some gang of some sort

Zara: I can imagine you married to a gangster (laugh)

Elaine: you're not funny, this is my life

Zara: sorry

Elaine: I feel like I'm dating someone I don't know

Zara: or maybe you're overthinking things

I go on to tell her about the incident that lead me and Lisa here at present day. I trust Zara with my life so I know she won't tell anyone about what I'm telling her.

Zara: you say he has a gun?

Elaine: yeah, imagine had I injured someone

I don't know why but I start crying. I also don't know why I was crying but I was crying anyway. Zara comes to shush me up.

Elaine: maybe I'm not made to fall in love

Zara: shhh don't say that

Zara decides to take me home because I was not alright. On the way to the house she gets me some pregnancy tests then we go. When I get home I go freshen up, Zara offers to help the kids with their homeworks then tuck them in bed. I decide to take the tests then go sleep, I was gonna check the results later.

-❤️