Chapter 27 - Sarlaac Pit

Jabba's giant antigravity Sail Barge glided slowly over the endless Dune Sea

Jabba's giant antigravity Sail Barge glided slowly over the endless Dune Sea. Its sand-blasted iron hull creaked in the slight breeze, each puff of wind coughing into the two huge sails as if even nature suffered some terminal malaise wherever it came bear Jabba.

Alongside the barge, two small skiffs floated in formation: one an escort craft, bearing scruffy soldiers; the other, a gun skiff, containing Han, Chewie and Luke. They were all in bonds, and surrounded by armed guards, one of them was Lando Calrissian.

Han spoke with reckless disregard:

"I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big light blur"

Luke rolled his eyes and looked at him

"There's nothing to see. I used to live here, you know" he smiled

He thought of his youth here on Tatooine, living with his Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, on their farm, cruising in his souper-up landspeeder with his few friends. He met Obi-Wan Kenobi, here – old Ben Kenobi, the man who'd first shown him the way of the Jedi.

It was Ben who had taken him to Mos Eisley, the pirate city on the western face of Tatooine, to the cantina where they met Han and Chewie, and of course it was also here he met her, Ines, the woman he loved, and it was following them right now in the distance. He smiled at that day when they met, 4 years ago, both so young: he was 19 and she was 18. Who knew that with at 23 and 22 they were together and he wouldn't change that for anything.

"You're gonna die here. Convenient" Han told him making Luke shake his head.

"Just stick close to Chewie and Lando. I've taken care of everything" he looked around.

"Oh, Great!" Han said ironically. "And where is Ines?"

"She's nearby. Don't worry" he answered him and smirked "She says hello and she already missed your sarcasm"

Han looked at him

"How do you know she said that? She is not even here"

"She said she is closer than you think and to trust me for once"

Han kept looking at Luke not understanding how Ines would hear what they were talking.

"Are you wearing a bug or something? That is why she can hear us?"

Luke had to hold a laugh when he heard Ines in his head

"She said she will give you the bug" looking at Han, Luke explained "We are connected through the Force. It is had being a year since you were gone and you missed a few things, like Ines is like me"

"You mean she is a Jedi too?"

"Not yet, but she will be if she wants too" Luke told him and then smiling he looked Han "She asked me to warn you that next time don't pissed her off cause she can use the force on you"