Chapter 124 - Queen's Naluma visit

It had being 5 days since Ines had giving birth the twins. At this moment she was still on bed rest, but since the last checkup from Yolla, the midwife had said that in two more days she was able to get out of bed and give nice walks. Just like when Ben had born, she was healing fine.

Dr. Amarhyllis had also call, once she got from Theed medical records the registrations of the twins. Ines had took the chance to ask the doctor for a contraceptive. Luke and Ines had decided to wait until the twins reached their 5 or 6 years old and then they would try for at least another baby, since they always wanted to have at least 4 children, and for that it was for the best if they would use some type of contraceptive, until it was time, which the doctor advice Ines to use a diaphragm, which she could start using when they start initiate their sexual activity again, which would start in 4/5 weeks.

At that very moment, Luke was walking outside, with his Ben on his arms. They had lunch and while Ines was resting in her bedroom with their two girls, he decided to spend sometime with his boy. Right now the boy was resting his face on his father's right shoulder. He had just fall asleep and Luke decided to keep him in his arms. He was loving holding his almost 18 months old boy. It was just the two of them: him and his first born.

He always thought when he was back in Tatooine, that he would never wanted to have kids, especially if he had to live there. He hated being in that planet, where nothing happened and he was unhappy, so he would not want his children to suffer as well, besides he always doubted he would ever find a girl there who wanted to marry him. All he wanted was to leave and get in the Academy. And even there, he doubt he would be able to have a family while being a pilot.

Even when he started dating Nakari, he didn't plan on marry and being a father, especially with the situation of the Rebellion being chase by the Empire. He didn't want to bring a child into the galaxy during that situation.

Everything change when he started dating Ines, and the wish of becoming a father started to get stronger in him, especially after the vision he had in Dagobah. He started to see himself with a mini version of him and Ines. Being with her, made that wish become stronger and that was why he was planning to marry her after everything was done and try for a child, that happened during the battle. Even if it was not in a good time, he was happy. The idea of being a parent with Ines, made him very happy and now he loved being a father. He loved his son and his twin daughters. And he loved being a husband. He was wondering if there were other alternative realities, if other versions of him were as happy as he was right now?

Rubbing his son's back with his left hand, he smiled hearing the toddler deep and peaceful breathing.

He knew his children were always be a target, but he promised that no one would hurt them. Edmar words rang into his mind, about the fact that Moff Gideon was looking for force sensitive people and was looking for a child, wanted its blood. He hope that child was save and maybe he could find it first or hoping for a call for it. But he also remembered the fact that his children were pure blood, and that fact would make that Gideon wanted them too.

Pure blood! How could I never thought of that? he thought. Looking up he set eyes on Palpatine's mansion. His daughters born there. How ironic. He thought too.

Hearing footsteps heading in his direction, he turned to his right and smiled when saw his sister walking towards him, her 21 weeks pregnant belly very visible.

"Hey." she said and cover her mouth when she realize her nephew was asleep. "Oh sorry." she whispered

"It is okay." he whispered back

"Do you want me to ask one of the servants to take him to his bed?"

"No. I'm enjoying having him in my arms. Soon he would not want to sleep on my lap, so I'm enjoying this moment as much as I can." he said resting his right cheek his son's head.