Chapter 23 - Rebel Rendezvous Point

As the Falcon was in light speed, towards the rendezvous point of the Rebel Base, Ines turned to Luke

"Come on Luke, you need to rest until we arrive" she told him.

"I'm fine" he replied

"No you're not. You are in pain, I can feel it. Please babe"

Luke looked at her and nod and standing up, they had to the back on the ship. Instead of laying down, Luke decided to sit on the table with Ines always by his side. She didn't want to let him go. She almost lost him twice. She knew Luke felt the same because he never let her go, still having his left arm around her waist.

Right now she was having her head resting on his shoulder, while he rest his cheek on top of her head, when Lando came from the cockpit, followed by Leia and Chewie.

"How are you feeling?" Leia sat down next to him.

"I'll survive" he said

"You are in good hands" she smiled looking at them. "I'm happy for both of you."

Ines looked at her, and reaching Leia's hand she grabbed it

"We will get Han back." she said and then looked at Lando "Nice friend you are, with no doubt. With friends like you, who needs enemies"

Leia looked at Luke and they both smiled

"One thing is sure, you will never get a boring day with this one" Leia smiled

"Hey. At least I saw he wasn't truthful the moment we saw him. And you did too, but you let yourself go. I'm younger than you but next time listen to me" she looked at Leia.

Lando just stare at them.

"How did you know? You never wanted to go to that meal with us. Smart girl" he told.

This time was Luke who spoke to Lando.

"She listened the Force. That's why she didn't trust you from the beginning"

Leia looked at him and then to Ines.

"The Force?" Lando asked

"Are you saying that Ines is like you? She also have that power you have?"

"Yes she has, and with time she will learn to use as I have. I will teach her" he said smiled at her.

"I'm sure that is not the only thing you will teach her" Leia smiled making Ines blush deeply

"Leia!" she said with her eyes open and buried her face on Luke's chest, making Luke smile at that remark. He knew what Leia meant and even if deep inside he couldn't wait to be like that with her, he also knew she never was with anyone before, unlike him, so he would wait as long as she wanted.

The Falcon beeped indicating they were about to arrived to their destiny.

**********************************

Once the Falcon docked on the huge Rebel Cruiser, Ines took Luke to medical center right away.

She helped him getting on the bed

"I will take a shower and change clothes. I'll be right back" she told, kissing him before she leave the place, while Luke also has his clothes changes and started to be treated by the 2-1B, the medical droid, who after Luke had changed too, he started to examine Luke lacerate hand and immediately started to worked on it.

*******************************

After a few hours, Leia entered inside the medical care, followed by 3PO and R2. She had a white outfit and her head was tie on a bun.

"How are you?" she asked

"I'll be good as new in no time" he told as the droid fused the bionic hand to Luke's arm.

Ines entered at that moment, and approached Luke as she watched Luke's trying his new hand by making a fist and then relax at it.

"Lando and Chewie are ready to leave" she told him, handling a comlink.

After a few minutes they heard Lando's voice from it

"Luke, we're ready to take off"

"Good luck, Lando" he replied

"When we find Jabba the Hut and that bounty hunter, we'll contact you"

"I'll meet you at the rendezvous point on Tatooine, once you contact us" Luke told him.

"Princess, we'll find Han. I promise" he spoke making Leia looked down. Ines looked at her friend and wrapped her arm around her.

"Ines. Take care of yourself and take care of Luke"

"I will Lando. Take care of yourself too and Chewie, be safe"

Luke looked at them and then spoke

"Chewie, I'll be waiting for your signal. Like Ines said, take care of yourself. May the Force be with you"

Chewie growled making everyone smiled as Leia walked away towards the glass watching the space. Ines got closer and Luke grabbed her hand and kiss it and they looked to the new hand, as the 2-1B started to pinched, making Luke's wince, indicating he was feeling everything.

Closing the hand, he looked at it and nod to the droid.

Jumping out of the bed, he pulled Ines towards him as they hugged there for in silent. After a few seconds, they walked towards Leia and wrapping his right arm over Leia's shoulders, and his left hand around Ines waist, they watched the Falcon leaving the place and disappeared.

Sighing Leia decided to leave. Before she could go, Ines pulled her friend into a hug and both childhood friends stayed like that in silence.

When they pulled apart Leia looked at Ines and then to Luke

"At least one of us had her happy ending" she spoke

"You will have your happy ending too, I promise" Ines told her making Leia smile before she leave the room, followed by 3PO and R2, being watched by Ines who sighed. She knew her friend was suffering, but she was a strong woman and that was why she would always admire her. Feeling Luke's arms wrapping his arms around her waist from behind her, she leaned back her head resting on his shoulder, while he place a kiss on her left shoulder.

"She doesn't deserve this" Ines said.

"No. But we will find Han." Luke replied

"I know" she turned around and wrapping her arms around Luke's neck, they looked at each other and leaning in Luke kissed her. They would find Han, until then he would enjoy every moment with her.

Well Luke has a new hand. Will Lando find Han? What will happen now?