Chapter 53 - Father and Son

Luke couldn't sleep

Luke couldn't sleep. The images were still too vivid in his memory. He looked to his right and watched the hour: it was 2 am. Ines moved on his left and he looked at her. Sleeping deeply, laying on her back, with her left hand resting on top of her big belly. Apparently the baby was not moving that night. The other night, she couldn't sleep since their little Ben decided to stay awake all night, only calming down around 6 in the morning, only then they could fell sleep. He smiled remembering the day she told him she was pregnant, inside the Imperial Shuttle, before they headed to Endor and now, their son was a very active baby. He couldn't wait to have him in his arms, just like the vision that he kept remembering. Slowly he sat on the bed, and pulling the covers aside, he leaned down and kissed Ines belly, trying not to wake her up or the baby.

"I love you and your mother" he whispered to the belly.

Getting up, he grabbed a robe and went to veranda of their apartment. Life in Coruscant didn't stop, not even at night, with ships flying everywhere. Sitting down, he remembered Ines's father message. He hope he would know he will take care of his daughter. And Ines was right, maybe it was meant for him to revive the Jedi Order.

R2 appeared

"Hey little friend. Couldn't sleep either?"

The droid beeping.

Luke didn't have the little translation to understand what his little friend was saying, but R2 pointing and all of the sudden, holo images appears on the table in front of Luke.

He saw his father with a young woman, in that same veranda where he was at that moment. She was pregnant. Luke gasped

"My mother" he said looking at her. She was indeed very beautiful.

"I had a dream" Anakin spoke

"Bad" Padmé asked him

"Like the ones I used to have about my mother just before she died"

"And?"

"And it was about you?"

"Tell me"

"It was only a dream" Anakin said standing up and looking back at Padmé "You die in childbirth"

"And the baby?"

"I don't know"

"It was only a dream"

"I won't let this one become real"

"This baby will change our lives. I doubt the Queen will continue to allow me to serve in the senate. And if the council discovers you're the father, you'll be expelled..."

"I know... I know..." Anakin interrupted her

"Do you think Obi-Wan might be able to help us?"