Chapter 51 - Finding Order 66

Luke entered in the kitchen and lean himself against the wall, watching Ines, putting the plates in the wash machine, while rubbing her 7 months pregnant belly, she had her hair tied into a long braid

Luke entered in the kitchen and lean himself against the wall, watching Ines, putting the plates in the wash machine, while rubbing her 7 months pregnant belly, she had her hair tied into a long braid. 2 months had passed, and a lot had passed. One of the systems, the Bodi system that was under Empire influence was now free and had a representative in the Senate, but it was a long journey to free that system, and the New Republic army had to be there, including Han, Chewie and Luke. Of course Ines was nervous to see him leave, and he didn't want her to feel like that, especially being at the time almost 6 months pregnant. They thought it would be quick, like the battle of Endor, but it took 3 weeks, especially with Admiral Hickory, held hostage some of the Rogue Pilots, and Han. Luke knew that Leia would be nervous, but Ines was with her and he was able to convince him to turn himself in.

When they all returned 1 week ago, they were all received with applause and cheers. Leia ran to Han and they didn't care as they kissed. Luke smiled at that. He knew those two were living together for a while. Sooner he was sure another wedding would be plan for sure. But when he saw Ines, his heart beat fast. Her belly was a lot bigger than when he left. Resting his hand on her now prefect round belly he smiled when the baby kick at the sound of his voice. She looked beautiful.

Now they were about to go to the Jedi Temple, where he knew he was getting closer to the day the Jedi were attacked, but they decided to visit the old Lady first. Ines wanted to thank her and Luke wanted to give her some credits. Even if she didn't want any, he knew he had to repay her for saving their lives.

Right now she kept talking to their baby, and smiled once in a while.

"What it is?" he asked her, approaching her

"Our little Ben is with hiccups, poor thing" she said grabbing his hand and putting in her belly. Luke smiled when he felt the poor baby jump every time he hiccup. His heart melt.

"Can't wait to hold him in my arms" He told her

"Well in two months we will finally meet him" she looked down to her belly.

"Are you sure you want to go to those levels?" he asked. In her condition, he was not happy to take to those parts of the city, but he also knew she wanted to thank her and he also didn't forget about what she told about his mother.

"Yes Luke. I need to meet the woman who save our baby's life"

"And yours too." he said "I couldn't imagine my life without you two" he said still feeling the hiccups of his son underneath his hand.

"Than let's go" she said.

Nodding, he grabbed her hand and they left their apartment and head towards the lower levels.

It was the first time Ines were in those parts of the city. Luke had being there plenty of times with Han and Chewie, and they told everything that was there. Resting her hand on her belly, she looked around.