Chapter 85 - The Trial

Luke was sitting with his baby on his lap, in his apartment, still playing with his toy and babbling, completely unaware what was going on. Luke couldn't believe what just happened, an hour ago the Guards of the New Republic arrested Ines, charging for treason. According to Leia, the Senate received a valid information that a Talia member survived the destruction of their Planet Alderaan, and that person worked all along for the Empire and the Emperor. Of course the only Talia family member who survived was Ines, so of course they arrested her right away. But what hurt him was the fact that he step back when she tried to hug him. How could he have done that? He knew she was innocent. He knew that she was not that person and now she must thinking he believes in those accusations.

Leia entered and he looked up at her, holding his son closer to him

"Leia, you know Ines is innocent. How the Senate can think of that? She is married with me."

Leia sat down next to him

"I know. I believe in her innocence as well, but I can't do anything alone Luke. I'm just one person"

"What is going to happen to my wife?"

"She will have a trial later in the Senate, where she can be heard and it depends on the vote of the Senate she can get free or if they think she is guilty she can get live sentence for treason or execution"

Luke gasped

"I will not allow that. Leia there is something we can do to prove she is innocent"

"Look, Han is doing that right now with Lando. I believe we can prove Ines is innocent."

Luke nod. Somehow the force kept telling him to be patience.

"Where is she?"

"In the capital prison" she replied to him

"I need to see her"

"Luke I don't think they allowed her to get any visit"

"I can handle that."

Standing up, Leia looked at him and to her nephew who smile at her, making her smile

"The trial is in an hour. Chewie can stay here with him" Leia told him making Luke smiled at her

"Thanks. I'll be there" and kissing his son head he handle to Chewie and left to capital prison. He needed to see his wife and tell her how much he was sorry for his reaction.

****************************

Capital Prison:

Luke entered inside the Prison and walked the stairs to the first floor. At the entrance of the prison, the guard was sitting on his chair. The first moment he saw Luke he stood up and walked towards him.

"I want to see my wife" he asked "Her name is..." he started

"I know who you are Master Skywalker. I'm sorry but the prisoner is not allow to have visitors. So I can't let you enter"

Luke sighed. Looking at the guard, he moved his right hand and said

"You will allow to visit my wife"

The guard looked at him and straighten up he repeated

"I will allow you to visit your wife"

Luke continue

"You will take me to my wife's cell"

"I will take you to your wife's cell"

"Move along" Luke said