Keeper Of Wonderland | Crying A River

Sophie wasn't quite sure she understood the laws of gravity anymore. There she was, floating downwards in a dimly lit chamber filled with knicknacks, and completely bewildered. Sophie supposed she should be scared right now, or maybe she was already out of her mind, but all she could think about was this phenomena. She was utterly stumped.

A naturally occuring pocket of anti-gravity, perhaps? A bottomless tunnel of lost things? The thought was strictly pushed to the back of her mind as she swam after the green creature, clumsily moving through the air. 

The rabbit hole wasn't cold, as you might expect it to be. Rather, it had the aftertaste of a rainstorm. There was an aura of stopped time, except the crickets and birds moved along in their own little land of wonders.

She couldn't help but notice she could go anywhere but up. A light pressure forced her to sink down, a barely noticeable force of inevitability. This had been fun while it lasted, but- no! She mustn't think about that. Her whole life, Sophie had wondered if there was ever a place she could truly belong in. 

Perhaps it was at the end of the rabbit hole.

The gnome like being reached a chessboard style tile floor, the black and white squares dizzying Sophie from afar. Tucking her dress in, She drew her legs close to her chest and launched of a rocking chair. Tumbling to the ground, her world shifted, the gravity normal once again.

Racing after the small creature in the waistcoat, Sophie pumped her legs, reaching out and just grazing a pleated braid before a small door swung shut after the gnome passed through. Grasping the doorknob, the golden handle seized, a voice coming out of it.

"My lord, don't tell me you haven't heard of manners, girl!"

Shocked, Sophie launched backwards into a glass table, her hand landing on a vial delicately labeled drink me in neat black calligraphy.

"Why, do you mind telling me how to pass through," Sophie asked softly. 

"You need to drink the potion," it chortled. "You don't fit at the 'mo!"

It could be poison for all she knew, but with no viable way out, Sophie downed the vial. A fluttery sort of feeling erupted from her chest, spreading into the rest of her body. Shrinking down little by little, she became no more than twenty four inches. 

"Why didn't you grab the key while you were at it! I'm still locked!" 

The following must be read and/or imagined in a british accent.

"Well, fuck."