I'm Scared Oneshot

Keefe was curled up in a ball, not bothering to hold his breath under the icy waves of The Shores Of Solace. His eyes were closed and his salty tears only added to the froth. The water was deep, and Keefe was sinking, the current pushing him down. His soaked tunic was only adding to the weight, for his cape had been ripped off by the ocean seven feet ago. 

Gravity was pulling on more than his body, it was pulling on Keefe's ripped soul. He knew Lord Cassius wouldn't bother to look for him, to try to save him, or so he thought. But Keefe couldn't see the frantic conversation between his Father and Sophie, or the many ragged sobs escaping from Sophie's shaking body. If he had known of the breaking sorrow overtaking Sophie he would have levitated up out of the waves, but he didn't, so he continued to plunge. 

"He's gone. Ke-Keefe left this on his bed." Sophie turned on Ro, tears scarring her cheeks.

"You were supposed to protect him!" Ro threw Sophie a venomous look and continued glaring at the piece of paper in Lord Cassius's hand. Sophie ran inside the beach house, searching everywhere for an explanation. Until she came upon his gold notebook. The same shade as the gilded memories in Keefe's mind.

She flipped it open to the last inked page, skimming over the drawn memories, mostly of her. 

Sophie.
I knew you would find this. By now it's too late. I'll probably wash up somewhere around the channel islands. I don't matter. My mom can't use me now. I am no longer a weak link. Everything is better this way.

I love you. Goodbye.

-Keefe

Sophie dropped to the ground with a tremulous gasp. But was it too late? She raced outside and dove through the water, using reverse levitation and telekinesis to power herself down. 15 feet lately she found a barely alive Keefe and used telekinesis to burst him up out of the water, his limp body twitching. 

She followed after him, channeling her strength to her arms as she pushed down on his body and breathed her own air into his lungs. It probably wasn't the kiss he had been waiting for, but it was so diminishing to have a life in your hands. Keefe convulsed and spat out the water collected in his lungs as Linh came to draw it out of him, summoned by Sophie's transmission. Everyone watched, terrified, as the pair attempted to save Keefe's life. Sophie was a wreck, and her friends witnessed it and had nothing strong to hold on to.

Keefe's eyes flashed open.

"Sophie?"

She let out many creative words, a mix of many languages while yelling at Keefe and simultaneously pumping his chest.

"I need you." Sophie pulled her knees up and rocked back and forth. "I need you."

"If you need me, I'll be there. I'm here." Keefe pulled Sophie to him as she continued to cry, and she shook in his arms, too hoarse to say anything more.

"I'll always need you." But somehow she managed to get out those four words, wishing she could add three more without feeling like a fool. Instead she buried her head in Keefe's shoulder, letting actions speak louder than words.

"I love you too Foster. And I'm scared."

(A/N: That was a bit darker than the others, but it ended okay! pleeease don't hate me for almost killing Keefe. DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, AND REQUEST! Third one to comment gets the dedication. A change of pace!)