Shot To The Heart | Part 1

( A shot to the heart, and you're to blame. You give love a bad name )

It was excruciating, being the youngest. Especially when having multiple children is generally frowned upon. She never even had the chance to be the golden child- that spot was taken by the world's youngest telepath. Freaking double standards.

Biana had been told to hide her manifestation. From everyone. Even her father. Being a Vanisher at such a young age was unheard of. So Della advised Biana to keep her ability a secret, as not to draw attention to the already prominent family. The Vackers.

Swoosh! Her dagger sailed through the air, unwavering. It burst open a dummy rigged to lushberry juice, landing perfectly on one of the clearly marked pressure points. Gracefully stalking forward, Biana effortlessly extracted her weapon. She could easily use telekinesis, but a grasp made it feel all the more real.

Hair the color of milk chocolate, her syrupy brown hair cascaded down her back, perfectly complimenting her amber skin. Biana's teal eyes could pierce your soul, some said. She was proud of it.

"I just want a real fucking job," Biana grumbled, the vulgar words sounding angelic. "Where I can actually do something worthwhile!" Her brothers, Alvar and Fitz had been working on the same mission for years. At least they were being productive.

"Darling," Della announced. "Get ready to go undercover. It's your first kill."

"Where," Biana asked, lighting up. Her first real mission? And all she had to do was lament the lack of one? Why hadn't she complained before! Life loves irony!

"San Diego."

The forbidden cities.

"Oh, and your brother is coming too," she added. The woman whisked away, waving goodbye to her daughter. Ugh.

Fitz, the aforementioned golden child. The favorite amongst the family. The shadow Biana stood in. She was used to being used by others vying for her brother's attention. It had led to a bitter resentment.

Still, a job was a job. And if she did well enough, maybe she could go solo.

Stationed behind a corner, Biana peered at the target. Fitz was stalling the girl effectively. Readying her dagger, Biana froze as a group of relatively quiet small children ran by.

The target flinched towards Biana, eyes shut tight, hands clapped over ears. Fitz got her attention once again, flashing a meaningful glance at his sister. But it was too late. Nobody told her she was going to take out an elf. And a cute one at that.

Biana knew she wasn't supposed to get attached. In her defense, she didn't expect the target to be a pretty girl. The long blond hair swaying in the air, long eyelashes, a fallen lash resting on her cheeks. Biana wanted to be there instead of Fitz, and lean in to gently brush it away. The target had chapped pink lips, and a fragile face she instinctively wanted to protect.

Her knife clattered to the ground and she spun behind the wall, body flickering as she drew her knees to her chest. Her breaths came quicker as she grasped for her obscurer, hands pressed against her mouth. She couldn't rely on her vanishing, not when her heart was beating a mile a minute.

The girl ran out the museum, Biana following Fitz, steps silent as she leapt through the air. A lamppost started to fall, the Vacker automatically keeping it in the air. The blonde stared at her hands, in awe as Biana did exactly what she wasn't supposed to. Shaking her head, Biana dropped the post.

Shadowing the pair, she strained to hear their conversation.

". . . Three."

Biana's jaw dropped as Fitz light leaped away.

Fitz swung open his bedroom door, jumping when he saw Biana on his bed.

"What's her name," Biana asked desperately. Fitz bitterly rolled his eyes.

"Why should I tell you? You bombed it," her brother said distastefully. It was a mission requested by a councillor. It was . . . really important. There was no way he would give her another chance.

"Please, Fitz." The teal-eyed boy tore his gaze away from his sisters.

"It's Sophie."

"Sophie," Biana repeated, tasting the word on her tongue. Her name was Sophie. 

(Y'all like? I wanted to do this so bad, and I have a feeling it's going to become way too long XD So, who's your favorite kotlc character? Why? )