Shadows Of Regret

( They told me all of my cages were mental, so I got wasted like all my potential. And my words shoot to kill when I'm mad. I have some regrets about that. )

"Please, don't ask me to leave," Fitz begged. "You know I can't go against your wishes." The Vacker was kneeling on the ground, shadowflux handcuffs tying him to the pillar. His hair mussed, the top half of his shirt hung unbuttoned.

"Still a gentleman, I see," Tam observed, princely cape fluttering from under silver epaulets. The dark crown he wore only accentuated his corset-like jerkin, black velvet filigree decorating inky silk.

"I couldn't be anything else for you."

The shade waved his hand in acknowledgement, abruptly spinning on his heel.

"Here's the thing. Gentlemen don't trespass on private property. They don't try to manipulate me into coming back, and they certainly don't knock out my friends. Really Aves, what do you have to say for yourself?" 

Tam's eyes widened and he turned to the arched window, trying not to react to the nickname he had just resurfaced. 

"I wanted to see you." And if Fitz had just stopped there, it would have been enough. "We all do."

"But I don't see them here, do I!" Tam burst out. "Because they'd rather pretend I never existed. That I'd never been anything more than the sketchy shade in Exillium. I'm so much more," he repeated, white knuckled fingers gripping the windowsill.

"Linh still cries at night," Fitz whispered. "When she thinks no one is awake to hear." Tam stayed quiet. "She hasn't spoken since you left, you know."

"Of course I didn't know," the shade snapped. He sat down, back against the pillar. "You said you loved me."

"I do."

"Even after everything?"

"Even after everything." 

A groan sounded from out the hallway, drawing their attention.

"Glimmer's coming to. You should go."

"Before she bashes my head in with her cat statue," Fitz asked, cracking a smile. The corners of Tam's mouth perked up. Reaching over to trail his fingers down Fitz's wrist, the shadowflux dissipated. 

The Telepath stood up, letting go of the hand Tam hadn't realized he had been holding.

"Bye."

"Will I see you again?"

"Glimmer may be going on an errand or two tomorrow," Tam hinted.

"See you then."

Fitz glittered out of reality, rematerializing inside a pristine bunker.

"Did you get the coordinates," Alden inquired urgently.

"The flasher led me right to him," Fitz answered, unable to meet his father's eyes.

"I'll be a hero," Alden said wondrously.

"We'll  be heroes."

"That's right, son."

( The song this is me trying by taylor swift is pretty much the melody of both headcanon and canon Fitz. For those who may be confused, Tam and Glimmer broke off from the Neverseen and The Black Swan, tired of being used by everyone around them. And epaulets are those fringed shoulder things you see on disney princes. )