Always Open | Always There (For You) Pt 2

(I dress to kill my time. I take the long way home. I ask the traffic lights if it'll be alright, they say I don't know. )

Edaline gently shook Biana awake, careful not to disturb Sophie. The brunette blinked sleepily, lips forming an o.

"Your father wants you home," the woman whispered, forehead creasing. Her red hair hung down, framing her face and tickling Biana's bare shoulder.

"I thought my mom said it was ok," she mumbled blearily. She covered her yawn, eyes half-lidded. "It's . . . two in the morning." No, not her carefully curated sleep schedule! One missed hour could have her off for a week, let alone four.

"I'm sorry sweetie."

Biana slowly extracted herself from the sheets, shifting a pillow under Sophie's head to replace her chest. The blonde whined softly, curling deeper into the blankets. Edaline and Biana both grinned at the sound. Adorable much?

"It's fine."

Edaline smiled pityingly at the girl, tucking papers and snacks into a stylish satchel.

"For the record," Eda continued. "If you or Della ever need a place to stay, our doors are always open."

"What about Fitz?"

The conjurer blinked.

"Oh yes, him too."

"Thanks." Biana mustered an attempt at a smile, weary. "I might just take you up on that sometime. I can't speak for the rest of my family."

"Of course."

She had been planning on doing so for a long time. To wait until chaos was at its peak to leave Everglen. It would make the gossip trivial compared to struggles with the Neverseen and whispers of war. Biana hated her father, but leaving meant condemning the entire line of Vackers. Which was why she sat on her hands, biding her time until she- or the world was ready. Whichever came first.

"Can you explain that to Sophie? When she wakes up? I don't want her to think I left of my own accord," the Vanisher explained.

Edaline nodded, left with her sleeping daughter as Biana glittered away.

( I would never trade my mom for another one but if Edaline was my mom? I'd be way more mentally stable. Eda just seems to constantly validate Sophie and is so sweet. Depression? Her? Oh, she only comes out after the Neverseen attacks. )