Clarity Part 2

("If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?")

Beaming, Edaline walked over to the door with the second tray of custardbursts. Telekinesis aided Edaline in swinging the front door open to reveal a grinning ogre who proceeded to stuff them all in her mouth.

"Hey, leave some for me!"

A slobbery custardburst fell back on the tray.

Sophie started crying as Keefe giddily blasted in on a hovering wheelchair iron man suit type thing, with only the back half of the chest and legs.

"Dex and Elwin made it! Isn't it great? Never underestimate the Dexin-" Sophie was already hugging the boy, half sitting in his lap. 

"I-I thought I was dreaming. B-but, it's really you." Sophie felt the contours of Keefe's face, checking for confirmation. Keefe gently held her head up, wiping away Sophie's tears with his thumbs.

"It's me."

With those two words, another piece was placed. A pipeline of understanding from the head o the heart triggered, waiting to be unlocked. Neither of them registered Ro dragging Grady and Edaline to the pastures. 

Sophie's hands roamed down Keefe's neck, tracing his collarbones, broad shoulders, her fingers skating across the veins of his arms. What Gisela had done to him went so much deeper. Sensing Sophie's off-centeredness, Keefe brushed away her misplaced eyelashes.

"It's you." Noticing Keefe's heavy breathing, Sophie drew back. "Am I hurting you?" She already had, a long time ago.

"That was just a bit overwhelming , Foster. Have any more custardbursts?" Sophie laughed, grabbing the batch and hopping back up on Keefe's lap.

The silence wasn't awkward, but comfortable. A sense of relief settled, a sense of security. Something they had both always known they needed, but never gained until now. 

"Keefe, Sophie will take you to your room." When did Grady get back?  A hologram popped up, asking to download the house layout. Clicking yes, Sophie set the coordinates to Jolie's old room. 

Even the chair was more graceful than Sophie, navigating precisely around every obstacle as Sophie crashed into walls as she jogged to match the machine's pace. She was glad her parents were warming up to change, though something seemed different.

She knew there was more to Jolie's story, something else the young woman must have discovered. Now, she hoped they could find it out together.

(This is for EstrelMb25 ! Remember to vote, comment, and request! I don't think Shannon is done with Jolie just yet. What would her discovery be?)