I Didn't Fall

( Human au, alcohol, trash writing, kam- because a request was just kam. That was it. So I wrote this in couple minutes after seeing something on pinterest. )

Keefe hummed, stacking red plastic cups into a pyramid at the party. He sat cross-legged, stretching his arm as far as it could go instead of standing. He looked down at Tam, brushing his bangs away from his forehead.

"Are you falling asleep?"

"No," Tam grumbled.

"Is my lap really that comfy?"

"Yes."

The blonde grinned dorkily, eyes sparkling. Or maybe Tam was a little bit drunk. Keefe was the designated driver, and had been making sure everybody had a glass of water in between their drinks. But he didn't know about the shots Tam had before he arrived.

"You know," Keefe said. "I still can't believe you fell for me first."

"I didn't fall for you. You fucking tripped me!"

He laughed, noting the pink flush across Tam's cheeks- probably due to alcohol.

"It was completely unintentional, if that helps."

"That makes it worse."

"Mhmm."

"Shut up."

"What? I didn't say anything!"

"Your eyes said something," Tam insisted, waving his arm at his boyfriend's face. "It's so unfair how pretty you are."

"Okay, no more drinks for you," Keefe stated. He moved Tam's orange crush and vanilla vodka combo to the side.

"Pshhh, you let Fitz have more."

"It's his house, and he has his sister and boyfriend to look after him."

And Keefe had watered it down.

"You honestly trust Biana to make sure he doesn't get wasted?"

There was a brief silence as Keefe contemplated his choices.

"Yoooo, Fitz is stuck in that pink chandelier! He jumped off the balcony. You have to see this- he's calling it Chandi!!"

Jensi ran to the next room to announce the news, talking a mile a minute.

"He's not high," Keefe explained. "He's always like that."

"Jensi or Fitz?"

"Mostly Jensi? Fitz is usually pretty chill- he has a pretty low tolerance though."

"You've put a lot of thought into this."

"Hush."

Tam rolled his eyes, complying.

But just when he's about to fall asleep, Sophie falls into the pyramid of solo cups.

It felt like slow-mo. Except instead of a badass spy or someone walking away from an explosion without looking back, it was plastic red cups flying in all directions as the blonde girl crashed into them.

Oh my god, was Keefe going to cry?

His jaw had dropped, eyes wide.

"Sophie, are you ok?"

Of course. Keefe was so sweet- he cared so much about other people, he'd put them before himself.

"Well the pyramid sure isn't," Tam groused.

"Tam!"