For Now

( I can be a better boyfriend than him- I can do the shit that he never did )

Biana had little reservation when it came to getting what- or who she wanted. Not even when it was her brothers girlfriend. Was it really her fault Fitz had left Sophie alone, in need of a friend? Or more than one?

"Ladies first," the Vacker offered, hand poised to accept Sophie's with all the confidence of a girl who knew exactly what she was doing.

Sophie looked up, eyes traveling from the high slit in Biana's dress to her bare shoulders and winged eyeliner. Her lips parted, breath catching in her throat. 

"I shouldn't."

"Probably not," Biana acquiesced, smirking in acknowledgement. "But I'm not your keeper."

So Sophie placed her hand where she knew it would fit, absorbed by Biana's brilliant smile. She let herself be spun into the throng of Foxfire graduates, laughing, drunk with happiness. She nestled her forehead against Biana's neck, pressed up to the Vacker when the slow songs came, guided by Biana's sure steps and gentle movements.

Wandering through halls had been her own idea.

Though the songs were over, Sophie still tucked herself to Biana's side, eyes sparkling.

"Here," Sophie whispered.

And when Sophie locked the door, Biana only felt the faintest twinge of regret.

"This is the worst kind of idea," Biana murmured, unable to keep her smile off her lips.

"I know. But I don't care anymore."

And Sophie pulled Biana to her, back to the wall.

"You're absolutely sure," the Vanisher asked, searching Sophie's eyes.

Sophie met her lips in response, arching into the kiss she instigated with a heady fervor again and again and again, pulling back and returning with different angles. And god, she knew it was wrong, but it felt so right.

Before long, they had slid to the ground, Sophie sitting in Biana's lap, hands framing the Vackers face. Bianas fingers were wound in long blonde hair, head tilted up. It was heaven and hell, the unadulterated need torturously matched with knowing this girl, this brave, beautiful girl, wasn't hers. 

For now, Biana was content with being Sophie's.

Star maps dotted the ceiling, the perfect background to, without context, the perfect moment.

For now.

( Y'all, cheating is never a good idea, fyi. But people make mistakes, and so do elves. It's important to portray that in content, as not to create the idea that everyone is perfect, because they're not. *cough* Keefe, you angsty idiot, you *cough* 

I wrote this while listening to Boyfriend tho, which obviously bled into the oneshot. 

Also, if anyone draws, the last scene is gorgeous and seeing it on paper-or a screen-would be a dream come true. )