Selfish

( But I just want to hold on to the easy silence that you make for me- It's okay when there's nothing more to say to me )

Glimmer sighed, standing in front of the ornate mirror. She could use any mirror to go back. Not that she wanted to. Mirrors used to make her feel safe. Now? The reflective glass made her want to bash someone's head in. She hated that feeling.

She slid off her gloves, carefully pulling one fingertip at a time. The silky black material fell to the ground, telekinesis folding them crisply. Tapping and twisting the orb over the faceted crystal basin, warm water cascaded over her brown hands. Softly working soap throughout, the girl silently let her hands get clean, smiling at the metallic rainbow sheen of the bubbles.

Humming quietly, she massaged her skin smooth. A knock at the door threw her out of paradise as she quickly dried her hands with a warm towel, turning off the water while pulling on her gloves.

She opened the door to see a frowning Linh.

"Look," Glimmer stated. "It's nice to have water you don't have to ration, okay?"

Linh rolled her silvery eyes, shoving her way into the bathroom with pursed lips.

Glimmer stalked her way into Tam's room, curling up next to him in an armchair. He was surprised to say the least, wrapping an arm around her as she tried to calm herself. He tucked her hood down a bit, knowing she didn't wear her Addler anymore.

The former Neverseen member bit down on her lip to keep from ranting, blood welling up. Tam took a tissue, pressing it on the split as Glimmer clenched and unclenched her hands. Disposing of the tissue, Glimmer turned her lips inward to keep crimson droplets from escaping.

She fisted the fabric of Tam's gray tunic, pressing her forehead to his collarbone.

It was the microaggressions that dug under her skin, needles poised to strike. Little things, where Linh watched her inside stores to make sure she didn't steal anything. Glimmer didn't steal. Bo constantly reminding her of how fast he could kill her. She acted like it didn't get to her. Acting isn't as easy as it looks.

Looking up at Tam, she searched his eyes for understanding. She found it.

Relief swelled up in her emerald eyes, a smile peeking up out of the shadows.

And god, if Tam didn't want to kiss her right then and there. For a long time, Tam never thought about what he wanted. Only what he and Linh needed.

Now, he had the chance to let himself want. To act on the sensation.

Tam cupped Glimmer's cheek, trying not to show how his heart skipped as she leaned into his palm. He moved a lock of hair out of her face, watching her long-lashed eyes track his move. The wanting only grew more urgent.

Glimmer floated her gloves away, tracing Tam's jaw with a finger. He asked her a silent question, removing her hood. He had thought she was pretty with the dim shadow covering her face, but she was even more beautiful when her sparkling green eyes caught the light.

Smirking, Glimmer knew exactly what he was waiting to do. Waiting to see if yes, Glimmer wanted this too. She did. She wanted the boy who noticed everything. She wanted the sweet, caring boy who looked after his sister. She wanted the boy with the dry sarcasm and silver bangs. The person who understood her from soul to soul.

So, obviously, she kissed him.

He was gentle, aware of the damage she had done to her bottom lip, yet she didn't care. He melted into her as she pulled away to catch her breath, chasing what he had just felt.

He pulled her onto his lap, throwing caution to the wind. Glimmer arched into Tam, he pulled her closer. She let him be selfish. Because she was selfish too, and she wanted him with a dangerous greed.

It eased into a slow flow of two people sighing into each other, an aura of pleasure settling.

Linh slammed the door shut, running down the hall.

( heh .  . . heh . . ? )